Xeno ES1 - Mini-review

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Great review on this light. Will have to get one as I've been very happy with my Xeno Cube and E03.

Thacker

Newly Enlightened
Neutral tint. Tint is warmer with this xp-g2 r5 than the neutral xm-l2 t6 in the E03. It's a little purple-ish compared to my neutral SC52w L2 also, but close. Bought the ES1 primarily because of the cheap price and the ability to clip it to a cap and use as a headlamp (minimal weight). The only problem for me is the switch for reasons previously stated by others. It's just not user friendly. It's not bad, but there are plenty of better options...

edit:

Now that I've got it out and this thread has renewed my interest, I'll probably get the warm version too and another diffuser... Switch issues aside, they are perfect as candles.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Switch cover looks identical to the L3 Illumination L10C. Does anyone have both? I wonder if the switch itself is the same (really clickly and loud)

Sivy

Newly Enlightened
Switch cover is similar in shape to L10C , but is larger in diameter and glossy in finish ,it is is not as clicky and loud , probably not the same switch.

I have been sent a V2 version which seems the same but I was pleasantly surprised it has a reversible clip.

See this link..... http://www.ohled.com/board/forum.asp?rn=20150115003

Last edited:

Latest posts