XENO S3A Review (XM-L U2 1B | 1 x 18650 / 2 x CR123A)

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I the only one that thinks 300 lumens from an XM-L on a 18650 seems mighty unimpressive? I realize it's quite small and heat-syncing would be an issue at really high amperages but surely 500-600 lumens could be squeezed from this easily?

Dubois

Enlightened
Thanks for the great review,just bought one 5 mins ago so should get in the week.Cracking deal for £15 so around $24ish ...........

That is a great price; can I ask where you bought it?

ven

Flashaholic
Someone local(stockport) in UK was selling,said paid £41 but it was to small for his big hands, so offered £15 paypal and done deal:whistle:

I liked the review on it,does look a nice little light,ideal for an edc.Having just got a crelant v11a for my inside coat pocket,this one will go in other coat........

Only advice is keep an eye on bay,i usually am not the one to find a bargain deal,so makes a nice change:laughing:

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I the only one that thinks 300 lumens from an XM-L on a 18650 seems mighty unimpressive? I realize it's quite small and heat-syncing would be an issue at really high amperages but surely 500-600 lumens could be squeezed from this easily?

It's not all about lumens. Runtime is impressive on this thing. I just got one and fitted it to my bike. More than enough light for the city, and a great wide hotspot and bright spill. I got the warm white and it's only 245 but it looks like a lot of light to me.

I bought this light because I wanted to use my harvested 18650 batteries in something with a bit of protection as well as not over taxing the batteries in general use. It's just become my new EDC as it is small, quite light and compact for a 18650 light. Plus it clips to the peak of a baseball cap!

ven

Flashaholic
Well received today and what a cracking little flashlight,really is well made and a beautiful design imo.The knurling feels nice to touch,not too aggressive ,love the tail cap design.1st impressions are high quality,well to what i can compare right now to the crelant v11a.Great presentation package and overall great impression.Just tried it out and although not dark its 300lm is more than adequate for me as an edc.
Few pics

Next to Crelant

Love it:twothumbs and even though i got a bargain at £15 if i paid more than double i would not feel hard done by..........

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well received today and what a cracking little flashlight,really is well made and a beautiful design imo.The knurling feels nice to touch,not too aggressive ,love the tail cap design.1st impressions are high quality,well to what i can compare right now to the crelant v11a.Great presentation package and overall great impression.Just tried it out and although not dark its 300lm is more than adequate for me as an edc.
Few pics

Next to Crelant

Love it:twothumbs and even though i got a bargain at £15 if i paid more than double i would not feel hard done by..........

Same length as a 1*AA light? That's impressive.

ven

Flashaholic
Yes never looked at it that way.......... it is beautifully made,feels nice in the hand and of quality.I compared beams with the Crelant which is rated at 450lm(i have a 14650 in it)and obv the crelant is brighter,noticeable not huge,more of a white beam,the xeno appears a little more yellow or warmer (if thats right wording).This was done against a white wall but did not take a pic ..........Bonus too being 18650 goes without saying a longer run time of 300lm for 2.5hrs(manufacturer stated),i have a 3400mah in so even longer.If you want a compact edc then it should definitely be considered imo :twothumbs

Latest posts