Xenonics Nighthunter One help

BVH

Flashaholic
Re: Xenonics Nighthunter One problem, mine blew up.

And I'm guessing he means a 4S (4 cells in-Series), not 4C pack - 4-cell for = 14.8 Nominal Volts.

eyesonfire

Newly Enlightened

And I'm guessing he means a 4S (4 cells in-Series), not 4C pack - 4-cell for = 14.8 Nominal Volts.

Yes Bob that is correct... What you said... :)

eyesonfire

Newly Enlightened

That's what I figured but didn't want to speak up on your project, lol.
How's that working out in comparison to stock? I figure a lot more light but wider beam? It's a shame they can't figure out how to make HID full power at startup like SAs do. Sounds like a nice conversion.... maybe if my MB ever dies and I run outta spare parts, I'll convert it to HID, lol.
I am a fan of HID conversions, but usually from an incan host to HID or SA, not SA to HID.

Its great. And yes more light just not as tight. Only reason I did the SA to HID was because this one was water damaged in the field, and I did not want to see a good host go to waste...

So it's just a 12V MH system. I could do that, but there's something special about short arc. Are you using a standard D1R? How is it mounted?

eyesonfire

Newly Enlightened

So it's just a 12V MH system. I could do that, but there's something special about short arc. Are you using a standard D1R? How is it mounted?

Its using a 5000mAh 4S 14.8V 65C Lipo.
The bulb is mounted in molded high temp porcelain.
Of course you can do it... nothing special. Just make sure to incorporate a blow by port or similar. Just in case the lipo decides to have a bad day. Actually the HID works quite good with the NH reflector & host.

Last edited: