XP-G Fenix and donut hole?

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since you've brought up that you have the Fenix LD20 R4, could I ask you about the tint ? I'm perplexed by the seemingly wide range of comments from users about the tint -- e.g., some say they see a greenish tint in the lower modes and some say that the white is a cold white tint

The one I have is on the cool side when white wall hunting, but the color rendition isn't bad at all. It seems to bring out yellows and oranges more than my other cool LED lights. I'll have a review of it posted in a few weeks when I come back from vacation, including a simple color rendition test.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since you've brought up that you have the Fenix LD20 R4, could I ask you about the tint ? I'm perplexed by the seemingly wide range of comments from users about the tint -- e.g., some say they see a greenish tint in the lower modes and some say that the white is a cold white tint

I also have two LD20 R4 (XP-G LED). One has really bad donut hole and the other has mild donut hole. They both have horrible cool blue tints with bad color rendition compared to every other LED light I have (EagleTac, Nitecore, Quark, Malestrom, Jetbeam, Tiablo, etc.)

Xak

Enlightened
Best neutral tints are the older xp-e q5 IIRC? The first run of neutrals by Quark before XP-Gs came out. Same beam profile as the R2, just about as bright as well.

bebekhijau

Newly Enlightened
may i know the brand and model ?

Nothing wrong with an XP-G and a reflector. It just takes more
time and effort to get it done right. Most manufacturers are not willing to spend more money tightening up their tolerances.
So you want smooth and XP-G then you just have to buy from someone who cares enough to do it right. I've seen it!