XT11 Beamshots (18650 vs, RCR123's)

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
so I got my XT11 from goinggear a day ahead of USPS's tracking (probably because I'm in the same state haha) and this XT11 is amazing.

as I posted earlier, I bought a green filter for it and it's really nicely packaged, but that's a minor thing I guess. it comes in a case though that's better than most $100+ camera lens filters lol

anyways it's a beast. I will agree the combat ring feels a bit cheap, but it's whatever to me. maybe we'll have some CPFers start making custom titanium ones? I think that'd be an awesome idea, personally.

it still puts out a great amount of light even with the filter.

Adrenaline_6

Newly Enlightened
so I got my XT11 from goinggear a day ahead of USPS's tracking (probably because I'm in the same state haha) and this XT11 is amazing.

as I posted earlier, I bought a green filter for it and it's really nicely packaged, but that's a minor thing I guess. it comes in a case though that's better than most $100+ camera lens filters lol

anyways it's a beast. I will agree the combat ring feels a bit cheap, but it's whatever to me. maybe we'll have some CPFers start making custom titanium ones? I think that'd be an awesome idea, personally.

Great to hear you are happy with your new XT11! Yes, someone might take on the task of making a titanium combat rings for it.

As for the metal ones scratching the body. Why don't manufacturers put a thin teflon ring on the inside of them. It isn't expensive and they are really durable. They are used as engine valve seals and can handle literally millions of valve openings and closings at high temperatures and are relatively very cheap. Just throwing it out there. :shrug:

spc smith

Enlightened
Madecov,

I appreciate the comparison you just made. That tells me for sure I've upgraded getting the xt11. The m21x has all the throw I need. From initial reviews I've done. I'm really stoked to get this light:) thanks for the help madecov!

ledmitter

Enlightened
Madecov,

I appreciate the comparison you just made. That tells me for sure I've upgraded getting the xt11. The m21x has all the throw I need. From initial reviews I've done. I'm really stoked to get this light:) thanks for the help madecov!

You didn't receive yet? What does USPS tracking bring up?

Hope you have 18650's ready to go. It *is* a good light using those.

ledmitter

Enlightened

What's useful about a green filter? (if you don't mind me asking :D)

spc smith

Enlightened
Ledmitter,

Usps tracking still says jamaica new York. It's most likely in transit overseas and sitting in a shipping yard. I bought another one that's already waiting for me at home. Im getting ready to leave and.its not at this apo 23 days later. I'm quite fed up with usps. I needed this light like yesterday and instead am using a loner sf 6p incan. This isn't on goinggear. It's on usps!

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's useful about a green filter? (if you don't mind me asking :D)
well technically it's useful for hunting because apparently some animals can't see green (some can't see red, either, right?)

but my reason is because green is my unit's color haha :)

GhostMeat

Newly Enlightened
Just want to confirm something here. I also just got my XT11 with a couple of 18650s. Looks and works great. When I put a couple of RCR123s it works as everyone's been posting on here. But the strobe does not work. Are you all seeing the same behavior? What's going on there?

ledmitter

Enlightened
Just want to confirm something here. I also just got my XT11 with a couple of 18650s. Looks and works great. When I put a couple of RCR123s it works as everyone's been posting on here. But the strobe does not work. Are you all seeing the same behavior? What's going on there?

I use AW RCR123's. My strobe works.

You press the button and what happens? No light? Constant high?

GhostMeat

Newly Enlightened
I use AW RCR123's. My strobe works.

You press the button and what happens? No light? Constant high?

Ok. Must be the batteries then. I am using crappy Tenergy RCRs. It basically flashes one strobe ...and then that's it. I can't turn on the light -- I have to unscrew the head or tail to reset it. Works fine in the constant on modes.

I guess it's one of those battery chip things I don't quite understand yet. I'm not going to blow up my light or anything am I? :)

gm.

ledmitter

Enlightened
Ok. Must be the batteries then. I am using crappy Tenergy RCRs. It basically flashes one strobe ...and then that's it. I can't turn on the light -- I have to unscrew the head or tail to reset it. Works fine in the constant on modes.

I guess it's one of those battery chip things I don't quite understand yet. I'm not going to blow up my light or anything am I? :)

gm.

Definitely battery circuit protection, it's probably overzealous (maybe a defect issue in 1 of them. try rotating one out).... Make sure the bats are charged evenly and have the same age and use pattern. Disparity can cause problems. Try a better brand that can deliver the output needed. I like AW's.

Last edited:

HaileStorm

Enlightened

Is it safe to use rcr123's on the XT11 or will it cause issues such as this one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD