XTAR charger counterfeit ring smashed

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi true, now with this new charger about to be released im not so sure too.
thanks. they look so very real.....
don't want my house to blow up thanks to them!....

Wow... How can we know what we are buying are no fake???

Sent from my phone with camera with flash and internet on it... :D

TEEJ

Flashaholic
On a side note, when I watched the Xtar counterfit video, the next one was a failed assassination attempt on some Bulgarian politician...the comments were mostly criticizing the politicians on the stage who beat the crap out of the assassin....but, the camera panned back, and there was a flashlight just sitting on the stage that looked familiar. I think one of us was there.

:D

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
On a side note, when I watched the Xtar counterfit video, the next one was a failed assassination attempt on some Bulgarian politician...the comments were mostly criticizing the politicians on the stage who beat the crap out of the assassin....but, the camera panned back, and there was a flashlight just sitting on the stage that looked familiar. I think one of us was there.

Good eye...

Sent from my phone with camera with flash and internet on it... :D

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
what flashlight was it?.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
To get the real thing just buy from a trusted vendor rather than trying to save a few $ on eBay ;)

SBF is a good spot for XTAR
Or MD-lightsource
Etc.

Having a trusted dealer ensures you won't get left in the lurch.

Last edited:

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
so they do have some kind of laws over there that protects people from fraud.
guess that means that they will have to sell the rest of the clones overseas :)

verge

Newly Enlightened
I think their anti-piracy law applies only - in practice - to Chinese products, U.S. products are open game for everyone.

so they do have some kind of laws over there that protects people from fraud.
guess that means that they will have to sell the rest of the clones overseas :)

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has there been internal comparison pics yet?

I did hear that if you send the company your sn, they should be able to tell you if it's genuine or not.

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.xtarlight.com/10-services/p-003.asp?id=13

" Dear XTAR Consumer:
From Sept 1, 2011, for every XTAR productt, you could find an 11-Byte serial number on the backside of packaging or the head of light which is composed of letters and figures, such as F3C91900678 ,With input of this serial number, you could get the related information for this flashlight.

PS: All letters among the serial number are capital, and neither "O" nor "I" is of existence in the number.

please input the 11-Byte serial number: ..."

Conte

Enlightened
Hah, yeah, I just bought an MP2s.

You notice the packages they were handling of that unit in the video look very different from the genuine XTAR packages.

Mine came with a card with a serial number on it like Hank is talking about.

They also have a label stuck to them that you scratch like a lottery ticket. Under there is a number. You enter that number on their website and it tells you if it's legit. They also tell you if someone has entered that number before so you know it's not been copied.