ZebraLight Cust Serv/Quality

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why is just about everything on the Zebralight website now on sale, discontinued or backordered? Is something going on?

It is??? The only stuff I see on sale are their old products. All the current stuff is regular price.

Maybe it was a website issue. Zebralight tends to ignore their webpage.

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is??? The only stuff I see on sale are their old products. All the current stuff is regular price.

Maybe it was a website issue. Zebralight tends to ignore their webpage.

click on the newer stuff. while some is available, just about every item I clicked on is listed as backorder. very possible they are just waiting for another production run of course, it is just frustrating that everything i've considered is not available

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
click on the newer stuff. while some is available, just about every item I clicked on is listed as backorder. very possible they are just waiting for another production run of course, it is just frustrating that everything i've considered is not available

Oh, okay, I see. Yeah, they have a lot as back-ordered. Although, I wouldn't take that too seriously. Zebralight isn't very good at keeping their website up to date. You could always order, and then you'll find out within a few days whether or not it's really back-ordered (cancel for a refund if you don't want to wait). Don't do it this week, though, because of the Chinese holidays.

In the past, I've had stuff shipped, and their website still says "pre-order" for well over a month after I've already received it!

aceo07

Enlightened
(I was looking for an easy way to contact ZL and found this old thread.)

Is Zebralight still in operation during these challenging times? I placed an order last week, and emailed them, but have not received any responses or order status updates.

Has anybody else had any transactions with them in the last 2 weeks?

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
(I was looking for an easy way to contact ZL and found this old thread.)

Is Zebralight still in operation during these challenging times? I placed an order last week, and emailed them, but have not received any responses or order status updates.

Has anybody else had any transactions with them in the last 2 weeks?

I'm sure they're still in business. I think their US sales come from Texas, not China, but they're all built in China AFAIK. I suspect they haven't been re-stocked in a couple of months. IMO, I wouldn't order anything from Zebralight until the summer.

Bob_McBob

Enlightened
Yes, they're still operating, though their customer service can be spotty in response time even under normal circumstances. Right now they just quote a blanket 4 week lead time from the factory. Some people are getting orders shipped in weeks, some people have been waiting since January.

aceo07

Enlightened
Thanks WalkIntoTheLight and McBob. I'd thought I'd get a new flashlight since I had extra time, and forgot the world isn't normal now. I guess I'll just wait.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
ZEBRALIGHT - Customer Service UNRESPONSIVE

Is anyone else having issues ordering from Zebralight's website?

2 weeks ago today I ordered the SC700d and 2 batteries. I have confirmed the charge on my credit card, and I have confirmed my info is correct. My order is still listed as "new" even though the item has been in stock. I have sent them 8 messages asking for an update with no response. Does anyone know if Zebralight IS GOING OUT OF BUSINESS, or has been shut down?

I have ordered from them MANY times in the past, and have LOVED them. Their customer service has fallen off a cliff this time.

Thanks!

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: ZEBRALIGHT - Customer Service UNRESPONSIVE

Anything's possible with 'closing up shop,' but I would try calling them, as some vendors respond better to a ringing phone, than they do Emails.

Good luck!

Chris has

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: ZEBRALIGHT - Customer Service UNRESPONSIVE

I called the only two numbers I have for them (I used to be a ZL dealer several years ago,) but no answer and can't leave a message. I seem to be stuck with sending messages through their website only.

I just tried to give a review of their customer service, but the website won't allow any reviews. Very strange.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Merged with similar topic

My understanding is that there have been some pandemic-associated delays, as discussed above (in the merged thread)

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be surprised if they've gone out of business, but I suppose anything's possible.

The only new product they've introduced in the last couple of years was the SC700 (back in 2018). And it's been 3 years since they updated their other line-ups. So, clearly something is going on (or NOT going on) with Zebralight.

Pity, as I'm a fan-boy, but with no new innovations in a couple of years, I have to wonder what they're doing. Either they have no design staff anymore, or they've taken a 2-year holiday.

That said, I think their current lights are still cutting-edge, so maybe they don't see any need to update their models. But still, it's strange.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well coincidentally, I just got a response from Zebralight saying they are shipping my order now. So, false alarm - glad they are still in operation.

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
I placed an order last week and got my light today.

The SC700D model is not that old. I don't think Zebralight is going anywhere.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oops, you're right it was released in the April 2019, according to their spreadsheet.

Still, I do think their MkIV 18650 models could use an update to MkV. It's been a long time for those lights. A bit more customization in the UI would be nice. Maybe add a dim locator LED in either the head or tail (probably easier for it to be in the head). Zebralights tend to just disappear into the grass if you drop them.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a heads-up. I recently ordered a ZL H600fd, along with a 3500 battery. Both were listed as in-stock, and I got a shipping notice from ZL the same day I placed the order. I also got a notice from USPS that a shipping label had been created and they were waiting to receive the package. Days go by, and as I continue to check the tracking number through the USPS website, it continues to show that they are still waiting to receive the package. By the way, I used the FREE shipping option.

5-6 days go by and I'm not really concerned, but of course, we all can get a little impatient when waiting for a new light (LOL), but suddenly on day seven I get an e-mail from USPS saying they've received the light and it will be delivered the next day, which it was, and it's just as expected, perfect.

So, here's my take on what happened. Shipping has gotten a little strange during this crisis, and I think ZL may use an intermediary company to ship the light (probably by ground transportation) to the host city's post office, where it finally gets "accepted", and it goes out the next day to the recipient.

Anyway, just wanted to post that experience, not to complain, because I think a week is a reasonable amount of time for FREE shipping, but just in case somebody else has the same experience with tracking, they'll know to just wait a bit an their light will probably just show up.

Jimmyboots

Enlightened
Derek, I ordered a SC52w a few weeks ago and my experiences mirrors yours. Shipping label created then 5-6 days of no status change then it suddenly gets delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice you can get free shipping. My biggest Zebralight complaint is that they have removed all shipping options for me except the most expensive. I can only order via DHL, at $33.19. That adds almost 50% to the cost of most lights. Needless to say, that has put a damper on my Zebralight purchases.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
WalkIntoTheLight, I'm sure there must be a good reason ZL has changed their shipping options to your region, as I can't imagine they'd want to discourage you from purchasing lights, however, many Zebralights are available from other sellers. I know Amazon had my H600fd in stock and actually could have had it to me within 3 days, but I wanted to give ZL my business directly, so I didn't mind waiting the week. I wonder if these other sellers might be able to offer less expensive shipping to Canada?