Zebralight H600 Mark II coming August 2013!!!

TheCleanerSD

Newly Enlightened
Happy the 150 level was added, but would be happier if they were all shifted down one level:

H1-970 H2-590/313
M1-142 M2-61/28
L1-10 L2-3.3/0.06

Currently, If I want to use the 150 level and cycle on high I have a jump from 970 to 150.

phips

Newly Enlightened
I agree with the 142 lumen setting being better suited for the medium brightness levels.
Personally I would love the light to have:
H1 970 / H2 nothing (mainly to always have maximum brightness accessible from off)
M1 142 / M2 28
L1 3.3 / L2 0.06

On my current H600FW I can barely distinguish M1 and M2 anyway, so a bigger gap would be great.

Last edited:

BababooeyHTJ

Newly Enlightened
I am pretty sure I would rather have the 150lm mode as a medium setting, though.

I wonder why they chose to put it in the High. Anyone know?

I'd like to be able to toggle between the 1000lm and the 320 in high and 150lm and 30 in medium. Oh well.

I completely agree, 1000Lm to 150Lm is a big jump.

Thats the one gripe that I had with my SC600. I really wanted a higher medium setting.

Last edited:

Painful Chafe

Enlightened
******PLEASE EVERYONE, READ THIS*********

Unless I am missing something, I think it makes no sense to have the 150lm level on high. I am going to either use 1020lm or the 330 on high mode. Double clicking will toggle between the two modes.

Unfortunately they put the 150lm mode in the high level. So now my choice if I want to use the 150lm is to jump all the way from 1020 to 150lm and I will miss out on the 330lm which I will use often. And, this is a huge jump for supposedly a "High" level.

I'm not sure if there is a technical reason the 150 isn't in the medium level, but it seams it would make much more sense there. Am I missing something?

If others agree, please email Zebralight and ask them if the 150 can be put into the medium level.

Hopefully they can change it and do it before they start shipping. But it will take many emails.

https://zebralight.3dcartstores.com/...tion=contactus

Last edited:

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast

Unless I am missing something, I think it makes no sense to have the 150lm level on high. I am going to either use 1020lm or the 330 on high mode. Double clicking will toggle between the two modes.

Unfortunately they put the 150lm mode in the high level. So now my choice if I want to use the 150lm is to jump all the way from 1020 to 150lm and I will miss out on the 330lm which I will use often. And, this is a huge jump for supposedly a "High" level.

I'm not sure if there is a technical reason the 150 isn't in the medium level, but it seams it would make much more sense there. Am I missing something?

If others agree, please email Zebralight and ask them if the 150 can be put into the medium level.

Hopefully they can change it and do it before they start shipping. But it will take many emails.

Agree! email sent!

Gordo

Newly Enlightened
I'll throw my two cents in, not that anyone asked.
The 11 and 30 lumens could be dropped altogether from the medium levels.
50, 100, 150 would be more usable for me. And I'm happy with the 115/164 on my H51Fw.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll throw my two cents in, not that anyone asked.
The 11 and 30 lumens could be dropped altogether from the medium levels.
50, 100, 150 would be more usable for me. And I'm happy with the 115/164 on my H51Fw.

I do not agree.
I think the three Medium levels chosen by Zebralight are correct.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm fine with the 150 lumen level on the High mode. I generally don't need much more light than that anyway, so for my uses it actually makes more sense. I'll probably set the light up with 150 on High, 30 on medium, and .4 on low. However, there are occasions when I do need more light, and the options are there if I need them.

There really is no way to make everybody happy, but by adding the very crucial 150 lumen level they've rounded out the light with an incredibly versatile UI, and they should be commended for that. Thanks ZL :thumbsup:.

markr6

Flashaholic
1020lm > 150lm is very discouraging, especially since the 330lm is "there" but not really accessible (not going to reprogram in the field, on a bike, etc.)

My H600w modes of H1 645Lm and H2 146Lm/232Lm/361Lm seems so much more appropriate. I use the 645/232 combo often. There's really no huge gap there even if I reprogram to 645/146. Then you have very reasonable medium modes of 56/18.

Having a light put out 1020lm makes it hard to bridge the gap all the way down to .01. ZL has always done a great job with this, but it seems to be getting out of control now.

phips

Newly Enlightened
I do not think the 330lm and 150lm modes should be mutually exclusive because they both have critical runtimes.
If your activity lasts all night you will want to have the 142lm.
If you know you will be back within a few hours the 330lm mode would be best.

Also it would be nice to have a medium mode that lasts at least one night with maximum brightness.

Painful Chafe

Enlightened
I'm fine with the 150 lumen level on the High mode. I generally don't need much more light than that anyway, so for my uses it actually makes more sense. I'll probably set the light up with 150 on High, 30 on medium, and .4 on low. However, there are occasions when I do need more light, and the options are there if I need them.

There really is no way to make everybody happy, but by adding the very crucial 150 lumen level they've rounded out the light with an incredibly versatile UI, and they should be commended for that. Thanks ZL :thumbsup:.

Why can't you program 150 in the M1 level then it is easily accessible from off by two quick clicks. Then you will have two high modes above it for when you need it. The 150 in the M1 level is easily accessed and then two more quick clicks would get you to M2 of 30 if you choose that.

read above. Having the 150 on the medium mode is still easily accessible. I"m not understanding the logic.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why can't you program 150 in the M1 level then it is easily accessible from off by two quick clicks. Then you will have two high modes above it for when you need it. The 150 in the M1 level is easily accessed and then two more quick clicks would get you to M2 of 30 if you choose that.
Well, let's get real here. If i were KING :), I'd like to see H1, M1, and L1 all programmable, as well as H2, M2, and L2.

I've NEVER used the 750 lumen level on my SC600 (except for giggles), and I use it every night at work, from the beach to deep in the redwood forests. I'd love to have the option to set H1 on the H600 Mark II to a constant High of 1020, 620, or 330...... with 620 lumens being more than enough for anything I'm likely to need.

And, let's have M1 programmable so that it overlaps H2 (with 150 available in both), and L1 programmable so that it overlaps M2 (with 11 and 3.5 available in both).

It would look like this:
H1 (1020, 620, 330) H2 (620, 330, 150)
M1 (150,65,30) M2 (30, 11, 3.5)
L1 (11, 3.5, .4) L2 (.4, .06, .01)

I think you would enter the programming mode for each level with the same system of 6 double clicks, then use a triple click to select between H1 and H2, then double clicks to select the actual level, then click once to turn off to set that level.

Of course, there are those who might suggest that this is too complicated. To that I say....... off with their heads :devil:.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would prefer a quick 5 or more clicks in succession to access the programming of sub-levels, that way the programming is a clearly distinct action from cycling between sub-levels and you could never accidentally find yourself in programming.

It would also allow for independent programming of both M1 and M2 for example, as sub-levels for each could be accessed and changed independently.

LEDburn

Enlightened
Wow, it went from all this talk of 150 being critically needed to 150 being too low on the high levels and should be put down to medium!?

There really is very little difference between those levels in terms of brightness but in terms of usability, the 150 lumens for 11 hours is going to be much more versatile than 3.9 hours with 330 lumens.
I don't know what everyone is using their headlamps for; for most I would assume close to short-medium range activities; 150 lumens is the sweet spot for working right in front of you and up to 10-15 metres I believe. If you want more light, I would also assume you would want MUCH more light.

I have never said to myself 'oooh, I want a very small and barely noticeable increase in brightness along with more heat and about a third of the runtime.'

With all that being said, and that is only my opinion, many will agree and many probably wont. It's a moot point anyway. The 150 lumen level was a necessity.

What do I think about 1020 lumens? It's cool, don't get me wrong, that we can have the most powerful headlamp (within reason; I'm looking at Lupine <3 ) and amazing UI, but I really don't see 1020 lumen level being used for more than a minute or two deep in a cave to show off or to light up some abandoned buildings and warehouses, again only briefly.

In a perfect world, we could program both levels and I do believe it will come to that; maybe the Mk3? Just choose the level you want to configure and then do the double clicks from there until you enter programming mode. That way you could have the two H levels set the same to always come on in the same mode.
Eventually, we may even see full programmability of all the levels to whatever you want. Then the people who complain about it taking way too long (LOL!!) or frustrating to have to double click for a lower level with longer runtime will be happy they can set a medium level as the default one-click-from-off setting ;)

We'll never ever all be happy but I hope we can be happy in knowing we have something that is almost perfect!
Just think of those poor souls at work or out right now doing something like walking the dog with one of those AAA Energizer headlamps! We should be thankful that we have the Mk2 to look forwards to and hope that ZL will listen and learn from this and aim to make the Mk3 even better!!

Gordo

Newly Enlightened
I do not agree.
I think the three Medium levels chosen by Zebralight are correct.

I assume that we have different needs from our lights.
I stated in another thread that I was happy with the levels of the H51.
It was the runtime I would like to see improved.

I use (a lot) typically two levels that I toggle between 100 and 200 lumens for most of my work and occasionally higher or lower.
That is a very comfortable (non fatiguing) working level for me.
I do not believe that everyone will have the same needs as me.

ZL has to make compromising choices on the levels that can be included.
They have to make those choices to benefit the majority of the market.

Just stated my opinion is all.