Zebralight H600 MK II (Spot and Fill) vs H600F (Floody) vs H602 (no reflector) beams

Starik1

Newly Enlightened
I never tried the F models, because I like the regular ones with diffuser film so much. So while I cannot speak with 100% certainty, I highly recommend the H600 with film. It reduces the "bouncing ping pong ball" in front of you, but not completely eliminating a hot spot. Nice transition to flood.

That's what I figured. I was kind of hoping someone could talk me into the H600F. I know if I cut my own diffuser film it wouldn't be perfect, and I'd wish I bought the professionally made one. I'm sure the beam would still be fine - it's just a psychological thing.. I'm weird.

markr6

Flashaholic
That's what I figured. I was kind of hoping someone could talk me into the H600F. I know if I cut my own diffuser film it wouldn't be perfect, and I'd wish I bought the professionally made one. I'm sure the beam would still be fine - it's just a psychological thing.. I'm weird.

I understand. I hate having to "mod" something right out of the box, but this is one time where I just went with it. Some day I would like to order an F version just to compare, then sell it. Worth losing a little cash to satisfy my curiosity!

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
rim.gif

Other (large image)

http://www.fonarik.org.ua/products_thumb/Zebra_compare_H602w-H600Fw-H600w.jpg

ColdDeadHands1

Newly Enlightened
Those are great shots! Thanks for taking them. Any chance we could get some beam shots of 40-50 yards or so?

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those are great shots! Thanks for taking them. Any chance we could get some beam shots of 40-50 yards or so?

I also would have liked to see this comparison at a greater distance .. but I found these pictures on the Web.
I have H600 and H602 on the road, I'll be happy when they get to take many photos of these two.

(Translate with Google)

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast

Today is a lucky day for beamshot :)
An member of the Italian CPF forum warned me these photos of Russian Forum fonarevka.
I have created animated gif

H600Fw MKII and H602 (High level)

i7uy.gif

Very interesting photo of this forum fonarevka.
Sorrow is not available H600MKII, would have been perfect

Translate With Google

jinya1004

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, for those pics, Stefano

Simplified Explanation

H600w MKII: Outdoor uses, where you need to see "further" away. Like running or jogging or riding a bike. Generally an all purpose headlamp. I would be able to use this reading on low modes, but it wouldn't be as nice as the Fw model.

H600Fw: Outdoor uses when walking or around camp. Can be used for reading, better than non Fw version but not as good as complete flood model

H602: Indoor use, I wouldn't use this light outdoors unless it was my only light. It would work but not as well as the Fw

So if you are generally using it for reading I would get the 602.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope not to be too OT
A little while ago I took these pictures, Zebralight H51w (172 lumens High level) with and without Magic Tape
Someone who has H51F or H600F can confirm that the F version is similar to the Magic Tape?

okcd.gif

Starik1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, for those pics, Stefano

Simplified Explanation

H600w MKII: Outdoor uses, where you need to see "further" away. Like running or jogging or riding a bike. Generally an all purpose headlamp. I would be able to use this reading on low modes, but it wouldn't be as nice as the Fw model.

H600Fw: Outdoor uses when walking or around camp. Can be used for reading, better than non Fw version but not as good as complete flood model

H602: Indoor use, I wouldn't use this light outdoors unless it was my only light. It would work but not as well as the Fw

So if you are generally using it for reading I would get the 602.

From what I've read, runners can't stand having a well-defined hotspot bouncing around in front of them, so they prefer the H600F over the H600.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I slowed down a gif animations that are on the German site.

fdr0.gif

(Only 18650 Headlamp - slow animation)

lsl.gif

Last edited:

offtrail

Newly Enlightened
Great job, Stefano, especially with the slower animations!! This completely clarifies their output appearance and allows for an easy, accurate choice of models, based on one's needs and usual usage.

This post of yours, #34, should be the go-to referral for any future questions regarding spill vs. throw in a headlamp (or a hand-held, for that matter).

Last edited:

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks offtrail
Although this discussion is about 18650 Headlamp insert an slow animated picture of the two versions with AA battery.

These pictures are very useful, I had ordered a FW version but I canceled the order to get a traditional version.

(Translate with Google)

rhrw.gif

harrycolez

Newly Enlightened
Man I was thinking about the h602 but now im thinking the h600 or h600f. Though im not too sure. About how far will the h600f reach to?

markr6

Flashaholic
Great comparisons!! And really reminded me how much I hate cool whites!

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Italian test of H600MK1 and H602w (maximum distance 35 meters) thanks to CPFitalia
(35m= 38,2 yards)

yplv.gif

ProvaFrontali_zpse7a908d4.png

Last edited:

Latest posts