Zebralight is going to come out with flashlights! part 2

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish there is an AAA version of the SC50. I need something like that badly. Zebralight should make one, as it would be the only AAA light with a side clickie. With a smart UI and the smallest size for a clickie AAA light, this light would take over the market for single AAA lights.

I have been using the Maratac AAA (hand free) in place of my H501. While Maratac does a good job, the multi-mode twisty UI requires too many twists to operate. An AAA version of the SC50 would be so much easier to use.

So how about it, Zebralight?

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see the SC50 & 50w Special Packs are not for sale anymore on the Zebralight website. I just received mine a couple of days ago. I wonder if they pulled them, or sold out that quick on both ver at the same time. :thinking:

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish there is an AAA version of the SC50. I need something like that badly. Zebralight should make one, as it would be the only AAA light with a side clickie. With a smart UI and the smallest size for a clickie AAA light, this light would take over the market for single AAA lights.

I have been using the Maratac AAA (hand free) in place of my H501. While Maratac does a good job, the multi-mode twisty UI requires too many twists to operate. An AAA version of the SC50 would be so much easier to use.

So how about it, Zebralight?

Wouldn't a zebra AAA with side clicky be too small?

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being small is the selling point of AAA lights. Just make the click button smaller on the light. I am holding the Maratac and pretend there is a small side click button. It's not too small. It works great in the hand. Speaking of the Maratac, I get a good laugh when I hear newbies proclaiming their multi-mode twisty lights have a great UI. There is nothing great about the UI on 3-mode twisty lights. They are all the same, requiring 5 twists to go from low to high.

Last edited:

TRITON

Newly Enlightened
I would LOVE to buy a zebra sc50 in AAA. That would be exellent:huh::huh::huh:. Come on ZEBRA LIGHT make an SC50 in AAA, I would buy 2. It would so sell like hotcakes, and be so unique. It would still be able to be fairly powerful and have a good run time. COME ON DO IT, I know you can.:naughty:.

MR.A

Newly Enlightened
i would buy ten of these yes, and some for my friends brother sister and parents. all the family.

Great flashlights.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has there been any discussion on the updated SC50+ with the new sub level high 122lm instead of strobe when using 14500?

I went to ZL to pre-order the H51 and found the SC50+, I did know the UI bug was being updated but didn't know about the new high sub level on 14500. If it's already being discussed sorry but there is a lot of Zebralight threads right now and I searched SC50+ and found nothing.

I was not going to get another SC50 just for the UI bug fix because I have no problem with it the way it is but since I use 14500 the new 122lm sounds good so I pre-ordered that as well.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I got my SC50+ from ZL today this makes my third SC50 two being the XPE R2 model and the other is the Q4.

The first thing I noticed when comparing beams with the the original SC50 with the new SC50+ is to my surprise the SC50+ hotspot is not as intense because it appears to have a slightly heavier textured reflector.

Anyone who has both have you noticed this as well? I'm not sure if it's a intentional design or not but it doesn't make much of a difference either way. Throw is ever so slightly less in exchange for a wider softer hotspot.

I am glad the high mode is the 122lm and the sub level is the 193lm. This is good for me since high mode is not memorized I have 122lm to start.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked this in the SC60 thread but thought I'd also ask in this larger thread. I just got a email from ZL that my SC60 has shipped, anyone else that pre-ordered the SC60 did you get a email as well? I was not expecting it until the end of the month, I hope this is for real it will be nice to actually get a light earlier than expected.

Edit- Well I asked ZL via email and minutes later I got a response that yes my SC60 has shipped :) :)

Last edited:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked this in the SC60 thread but thought I'd also ask in this larger thread. I just got a email from ZL that my SC60 has shipped, anyone else that pre-ordered the SC60 did you get a email as well? I was not expecting it until the end of the month, I hope this is for real it will be nice to actually get a light earlier than expected.

Edit- Well I asked ZL via email and minutes later I got a response that yes my SC60 has shipped :) :)
oooh someone should send one in to BIG C for some NUMBERS!

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
ok th sc60 is coming.. too bad it seems bit over priced to other offerings.

i still wish they would bring out the S5200.. (the side by side 2AA light prototype) neutral tint. your smart ui. reversable pocket clip. and stiffer clicky than in sc50.

my only complaint of the sc50.. the clicky is too easy to accidentally push on when in pocket.. not by normal use but stuffing other things into the pocket or pulling them out.. my cellphone is the culprit most times for it turning on by itself. and i hate to mess with the tailcap looseing and tightening it. wish it would be like the one in h501 as its more convinient.