Zebralight plans MKIII's and SC63 release for this year

markr6

Flashaholic
I knew it was only a matter of time! I'm waiting for the HI version so when it goes live my wallet is going to be in trouble. It sounds like ZL is getting a lot of preorders for these since they expect several waves of initial shipments and not enough in the first shipment to fulfill all the preorders. I know you'll be checking your email multiple times a day waiting for that shipment notification..

I'm waiting for an early shipment notification by this Friday!

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that you're expecting it you'll probably have to wait! Did you get both the CW and NW versions? What will you do when the HI model comes out lol?

turkeylord

Enlightened
For anyone interested in the "official" word on future H600 series MkIII's, I just received this response from Zebralight yesterday, sorry for the delay.

"We will release H600(w) Mk III, with XHP35, in 3-4 months."

:twothumbs
That's awesome. I love my H600w and H602w. The angled head makes these so dang useful as an edc light, not to mention their intended headlamp use.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did we ever get specs on xpl hi model?

The Hi model should be announced next week, not sure if stats will come then or not. Should get specs for the regular models by this Saturday. Waiting is the hard part. I imagine this light will pull a lot of current which is why they probably don't include cr123 support. It's estimated this light could pull 5-6 amps on turbo which would certainly be too much until tech advances for those battery types.

markr6

Flashaholic
Now that you're expecting it you'll probably have to wait! Did you get both the CW and NW versions? What will you do when the HI model comes out lol?

Yeah I ordered both to see which temp I like better. That XP-L HI will be tempting as well! I better scratch up another $95...crazyness!

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I ordered both to see which temp I like better. That XP-L HI will be tempting as well! I better scratch up another $95...crazyness!

Not crazy, just experienced.

If you ever decide to become a flashlight reviewer, we will all benefit from the oodles of lights that you have actually owned and used.

markr6

Flashaholic
Not crazy, just experienced.

If you ever decide to become a flashlight reviewer, we will all benefit from the oodles of lights that you have actually owned and used.

No time, no equipment :( Most reviews would probably just be me complaining about tint :laughing:

I do try to get some beamshots when I fell they're relevant, though.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mark, we need to get you an integrating sphere!

BTW: I just did a quick web search. TintSnob.com is available! :) It isn't even a parked domain!

markr6

Flashaholic
Mark, we need to get you an integrating sphere!

BTW: I just did a quick web search. TintSnob.com is available! :) It isn't even a parked domain!

I don't know, if people are bad typists like myself, it would be awfully easy to miss that first "n" key. I'm not going to even try and see where that goes :)

Gordo

Newly Enlightened
I don't know, if people are bad typists like myself, it would be awfully easy to miss that first "n" key. I'm not going to even try and see where that goes :)

I just sprayed coffee all over my monitor, keyboard. And it's dripping out my nose. Thanks mark6.

APM80

Newly Enlightened
So...... Let's get the rumor mill spinning. How many lumens do you think zebralight will be able to get out of the XHP35 on a single 18650? 1500? Maybe more. If true, this is exciting.

markr6

Flashaholic
So...... Let's get the rumor mill spinning. How many lumens do you think zebralight will be able to get out of the XHP35 on a single 18650? 1500? Maybe more. If true, this is exciting.

I would actually be OK with a modest 1200 max.

1. I don't want runtimes to suffer
2. Please NO sub-hour runtime on max. I don't expect this, but just saying. I hate seeing these lights with 45min on high, no matter how fun the crazy output may be

I'm sure all of you with actual electronics knowledge can provide a good estimate after looking at the XHP35 spec sheet.

seasam

Newly Enlightened

1500? No way man. I vote around 1200 like markr6 says. Look at the Cree PCT and the voltage requirements to approach that kind of output.

turkeylord

Enlightened
I would actually be OK with a modest 1200 max.

1. I don't want runtimes to suffer
2. Please NO sub-hour runtime on max. I don't expect this, but just saying. I hate seeing these lights with 45min on high, no matter how fun the crazy output may be

I'm sure all of you with actual electronics knowledge can provide a good estimate after looking at the XHP35 spec sheet.

I would respectfully disagree, especially with Zebralight's UI. There will be umpteen lower outputs for you to choose from and conserve battery. :)

markr6

Flashaholic
I would respectfully disagree, especially with Zebralight's UI. There will be umpteen lower outputs for you to choose from and conserve battery. :)

I'm sure you're right. I think if anything changes much, it's because they get greedy with a super high output on H1. But I'd bet they try to hold it to 2hrs w/ PID like the SC600 II.

Prepped

Enlightened
The Hi model should be announced next week, not sure if stats will come then or not. Should get specs for the regular models by this Saturday. Waiting is the hard part. I imagine this light will pull a lot of current which is why they probably don't include cr123 support. It's estimated this light could pull 5-6 amps on turbo which would certainly be too much until tech advances for those battery types.

That certainly rules out CR123s which like to sit around 1.5amps continuous. Certainly a high current, I'm interested to see how they pull this off.

Last edited:

Gordo

Newly Enlightened
Is anyone turned off (no pun) by not being able to use protected cells? I only ask because I only have protected cells and can't use any of them in this new light.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is anyone turned off (no pun) by not being able to use protected cells? I only ask because I only have protected cells and can't use any of them in this new light.

I think protected cells are overrated, personally, especially in a regulated light like this one. I'd rather folks have the option, I guess, unless there's a really good reason not to give them that. So I'm withholding judgement until we see why exactly they're out on this light.