Zebralight Reliability Poll Revised for 2012

Have you had any trouble with your Zebralight

• No trouble w/ my H501/H501w with press fit switch

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • Yes, had a failure w/ my H501/H501w with press fit switch

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • No trouble w/ my H51 (all variants)

Votes: 64 45.1%
  • Yes, had a failure w/ my H51 (all variants)

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • No trouble w/ my H31 (all variants)

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • Yes, had a failure w/ my H31 (all variants)

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • No trouble w/ my H600/H600w

Votes: 24 16.9%
  • Yes, had a failure w/ my H600/H600w

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • No trouble w/ my H502/H502w

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • Yes, had a failure w/ my H502/H502w

Votes: 6 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your experience and cleaning tip. With the headlamp in question I already sent back to ZL for exchange. If I do have problems in the future I will certainly apply your advice. Where do you get this contact cleaner, Radio Shack? There were also a couple times when I turned on the Headlamp whereas the body of the Headlamp would heat up but would not light.

Sorry, I missed your reply. Yes, you can get contact cleaner like Deoxit from Radio Shack. Use something like isopropyl alcohol to clean the threads and something along the lines of Super Lube to lubricate the threads.

jlucke69

Newly Enlightened
I own a H50, H501 and a H51. Only problems I have every had with them is turning on in my pocket. Other than that they have been rock solid for my EDC use.

Pretbek

Newly Enlightened
Is there any way to switch my vote?

I accidentally voted for "failure" with my 502w, while I wanted to vote "no trouble" with that light.

Font size

Newly Enlightened
No trouble with H51, H600 or H502 here in Hawaii, except that they tend to disappear.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an H31, H30 and H60. All have served me well, without any issues. I also have an SC30 which is one of my regular go to lights, and my favorite UI of all time. I love my Zebralights!

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
No trouble with any of my 4 recent zebras or even my old H50 twistie. I own:
H502d (voted as regular/warm given the age of the poll)
H501fw (I put it as H501/w)
H31r (not included in vote)
SC51w (not included in vote)
H50 old-style (not in the vote)

And I'm not letting poll results stop me from getting an SC52w or the future H601 MKII w. I use most of these almost dail. I believe in trolls, but not their mission.

I agree the problem with accidental turn-on is a problem that took ny SC51w out of EDC rotation because I was tired of twist-click scenarios at the wrong time, but it has many other advantages. With the new driver, Zebras now offer almost everything I want in one of my most important personal usage niche. I have to lock it out to put it in my pocket, but it does almost everything I need it for? So what!

Sorry for the rant; seen the scenario too often by now and not just with flashlights.

Font size

Newly Enlightened
Programming the H502~

OK I start it up, and stop the cycling on low (2.7 Lm).
Double clicking gives a lower low( .34 Lm).
Then off with one click.
How do we get to the lowest low (.01 Lm)?

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Standard with ZL UI is that you go to the setting that you want to adjust the second mode for (H2, M2 or L2) ...OK so you are in low now, double click and it will either get brighter or dimmer depending on whether you left it in L1 or L2 last time. Keep double clicking and after ten times you won't just be switching between L1,L2,L1,L2... But rather it will go L1, L2, L1, L3, L1, L4, L1, L2, L1, L3, L1, L4... Etc. Whichever of the second alternative settings you stop and turn the light of with will become the new "L2" until you do the ten cycle trick again to change it.

matlt

Newly Enlightened
Only have 2 zl's. Old h501 and a new h51w. H501 worked perfectly for a year or two until I left it in a pocket and sent it through both a wash and a dry cycle. After that it is intermittent. I can get it to stay on but I have to fidget with it for 30-60 seconds. I would never expect a light like this to survive going through the wash though, so ZL is certainly not to blame for that failure. My h51 I've had for a couple months. I use it several hours every day and it works great. Definitely the greatest headlamps out there.

Pretbek

Newly Enlightened
Standard with ZL UI is that you go to the setting that you want to adjust the second mode for (H2, M2 or L2) ...OK so you are in low now, double click and it will either get brighter or dimmer depending on whether you left it in L1 or L2 last time. Keep double clicking and after ten times you won't just be switching between L1,L2,L1,L2... But rather it will go L1, L2, L1, L3, L1, L4, L1, L2, L1, L3, L1, L4... Etc. Whichever of the second alternative settings you stop and turn the light of with will become the new "L2" until you do the ten cycle trick again to change it.

I believe that after 7 double clicks it will actually start rotating through only L2, L3 and L4. No L1 will be activated until you are done choosing your second Low.
Once you choose your second Low (for example L3) and turn the light off, double clicks will keep switching between L1 and L3.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
what was all that again?.
FENIX is so much simpler.
lol.

moozooh

Enlightened
We get it, tnfdy. You love Fenix. Would you please stop pimping it in every thread you post?

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
sure, but not really,...i love ZL, but they don't love us all it seems with bad QC. cant believe there's actually a FAIL post on them, that's all.
sorry, thanks.
We get it, tnfdy. You love Fenix. Would you please stop pimping it in every thread you post?

Latest posts