Zebralight SC32d // SC62d

raltm

Newly Enlightened
Nichia 219 = Philips LUXEON T ?
if not, maybe early to upset

Last edited:

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, this is going to be a really small 18650 light, if not the smallest.

KQL

Newly Enlightened
Nichia 219 = Philips LUXEON T ?
if not, maybe early to upset

I have the h502d with the Philips LUXEON Rebel Neutral White LED (Typical CRI: 85, Norminal CCT 5000K) and two Nichia 219 lights. In the current iteration, the light from the Philips emitter is nowhere near the quality of the Nichia light. To my eye, the Philips is just marginally better at color rendering compared to my XM-L U2 lights, the Nichia is a lot better. In fact I'm going to part with the h502d once I get my hands on the H600w mk2.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks, makes me wonder why ZL went for the Luxeon...
still, its a HCRI light..

I have the h502d with the Philips LUXEON Rebel Neutral White LED (Typical CRI: 85, Norminal CCT 5000K) and two Nichia 219 lights. In the current iteration, the light from the Philips emitter is nowhere near the quality of the Nichia light. To my eye, the Philips is just marginally better at color rendering compared to my XM-L U2 lights, the Nichia is a lot better. In fact I'm going to part with the h502d once I get my hands on the H600w mk2.

markr6

Flashaholic
thanks, makes me wonder why ZL went for the Luxeon...
still, its a HCRI light..

I was told "supply issues". Seems unreasonable though. What, is Nicha too busy to get new sales? LOL I actually used to work for a company where the head of sales said that all the time.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmmmmm,....is Luxeon maybe cheaper than Nichia?. with all this Nichia talk, surely ZL should of caught on, unless they know something better...Luxeon.

I was told "supply issues". Seems unreasonable though. What, is Nicha too busy to get new sales? LOL I actually used to work for a company where the head of sales said that all the time.

KQL

Newly Enlightened
It could be supply issues. When I spoke to Illumination Gear about their upcoming Eagletac D25LC2 with the Nichia 219/B11, they did cite delays due to shortage of the Nichia emitter. In my case, I went with the lower power H502d for the higher CRI, but having seen it, I'd rather opt for the longer reach/higher output of the H600w mk2. Getting too far off topic though.

siginu

Newly Enlightened
The 219 has a decided disadvantage in its thermal resistance IIRC it's like 7 C/W whereas the Luxeon T is 3 C/W. ZL loves to push things right up to the thermal limits and the T is much better in that regard. I would like to see ZL use a warmer LED in the T series, there is almost no lumen penalty dropping to the 4000K which they'll probably use on the SC62C later on. I am curious to see if they'll do over driving with PID limiting.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
interesting,..thanks.

The 219 has a decided disadvantage in its thermal resistance IIRC it's like 7 C/W whereas the Luxeon T is 3 C/W. ZL loves to push things right up to the thermal limits and the T is much better in that regard. I would like to see ZL use a warmer LED in the T series, there is almost no lumen penalty dropping to the 4000K which they'll probably use on the SC62C later on. I am curious to see if they'll do over driving with PID limiting.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ticket status: Completed

Department: Customer Service

Subject: UI

SC62d will have the same updated UI as SC600 MKII XM-L2, but no PID.

Sincerely,

ZebraLight, Inc.
2908 Story Rd. W
Irving, TX 75038

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been a few months and Luxeon T is already obsolete because there's new Luxeon XT which is almost the same except higher efficiency.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be nice if one reason for the delay of the SC62d is because of the more efficient emitter being introduced. Maybe ZL wants to surprise the industry and us; a reason why the product data page was not updated? Wishful thinking maybe? ZL releasing the SC62d next week: wishful thinking as well?

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
BIG Maybe,...would be good if they could keep up with that newer emitter as its they say more efficient and that's what im looking for...

It would be nice if one reason for the delay of the SC62d is because of the more efficient emitter being introduced. Maybe ZL wants to surprise the industry and us; a reason why the product data page was not updated? Wishful thinking maybe? ZL releasing the SC62d next week: wishful thinking as well?