ZebraLight SC600 MkII

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
Anyone know what is up these? Ordered mine a few days ago from illumination supply. Figured I'd get my name on the list. Any word on when they might be getting some of these out of Zebralight?

Sent from my ridiculously large Galaxy Note 2.

srg818

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know what is up these? Ordered mine a few days ago from illumination supply. Figured I'd get my name on the list. Any word on when they might be getting some of these out of Zebralight?

Sent from my ridiculously large Galaxy Note 2.

I ordered mine from IS in November and am still waiting so it might be a long wait especially if they're filling orders sequentially.

maxrep12

Newly Enlightened
What an interesting group we are. Ordering from vendors with our special discounts and free shipping, only to request that the guy trying to run a business, sort through his supply to give us the best tinted lights. Of course this means that the less attractive tints get passed on to someone else.

I have never asked for preferential treatment, as I am buying at a discount. I have also never returned a light to a hardworking business owner because of tint. If you don't like the tint, sell the unit in the marketplace rather than make additional work for those businesses who are already cutting their profit margins for members here. If you are not convinced you have a solid chance of getting the tint you are hoping for, buy a different brand or a different model that have the color reviews you trust.

I imagine many cpf retailers would echo these thoughts.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the issue of asking preferential treatment is a zero sum game unless significant numbers of buyers don't mind green tinted torch beams. I took a discount from a vendor who charges a little more than ZebraLight on their website but the personal service I received afterwards compels me to not take a discount from them again.

Seems like a major reason vendors offer discounts to CPF members is that word of mouth can spur sales. It's worth it to them. That's why good reviewers here get flashlights sent to them.

It would be nice if ZL could figure out a way to get rid of the green. Recently got an Xtar wk26(?) for <$18 with XPE(?);beautiful tint: A $38 Sportaclight (EagleTac) P60 dropin triple XPG2; gorgeous white tint: and an MBI HF Nichia 3level switch;no green.

Just read recently on the forum that current regulation circuitry(or something like that) can cause a shift to green.

The UI and form factor is just so great with ZL's...

Etsu

Enlightened
Yes, I don't want vendors to let customers pick & choose the best tints. It screws over everyone that places a regular order and expects they'll get a fair shake.

As for sending stuff back because of tint, I generally agree it's an underhanded thing to do. I can understand if it's the first light from that manufacturer you've purchased, and the tint is really bad. But by now, we all know Zebralight's tints are a gamble. Yet, I've seen people posting that they buy several lights, and keep sending them back until they get a perfect one. Not cool!

If I was a vendor and a customer tried that stunt on me more than once, he'd be blacklisted from future sales.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
It would be nice if ZL could figure out a way to get rid of the green. Recently got an Xtar wk26(?) for <$18 with XPE(?);beautiful tint: A $38 Sportaclight (EagleTac) P60 dropin triple XPG2; gorgeous white tint: and an MBI HF Nichia 3level switch;no green.
They've known a way to do it all along, but have chosen to not be selective about tint because they carry their sales on the greatness of the product itself, regardless of tint.

The other manufacturers you mention are getting great tints because it's what they've been buying; selective bins.

ctrashp

Newly Enlightened
I received my QTY 2 1100 lum SC600 MKii's last night . They are impressive, to be so small.. They feel very solid, and work flawlessly. So far I am very pleased. They will get a workout. Because they will be carried daily to work. take care, ctrashp

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ticket status: Completed

Department: Sales

Subject: WATERPROOF SC600MKII L2 / ZL'S POSITION

The SC600 Mk II and SC600 Mk II L2 bezels are press fit. From what we've seen over the last several years, 'press fit' is not an issue. We usually revise a design every 2-3 months. For example, the SC52 has had 5 revisions since its inception. If press fit were an issue, we'd have changed it long time ago. Some of our future designs may use screw on bezel, but that's more of a production (assembly) decision than waterproofness related.

Sincerely,

ZebraLight, Inc.
2908 Story Rd. W
Irving, TX 75038

BWX

Enlightened
Well on a side note, the SC600 MKI B U2 works well as a make-shift hand warmer on the 330 lumen setting.

BOHAWG

Newly Enlightened
What an interesting group we are. Ordering from vendors with our special discounts and free shipping, only to request that the guy trying to run a business, sort through his supply to give us the best tinted lights. Of course this means that the less attractive tints get passed on to someone else.

I have never asked for preferential treatment, as I am buying at a discount. I have also never returned a light to a hardworking business owner because of tint. If you don't like the tint, sell the unit in the marketplace rather than make additional work for those businesses who are already cutting their profit margins for members here. If you are not convinced you have a solid chance of getting the tint you are hoping for, buy a different brand or a different model that have the color reviews you trust.

+1

jbrett14

Enlightened

EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS.

I run a kitchen cabinet business and I can only imagine what would happen if every customer came in expecting me to hand select each cabinet door simply so the grain of the wood meets their expectations. When I get folks who are obviously not a fan of the natural grain of any specific wood species, I tell them to get a painted cabinet as there is no way I want to be responsible for THEIR complaints. Furthermore, if every customer were to return their cabinets because of personal dislikes regarding non-faulty things I would go out of business in a matter of months.

I can only imagine how some of these flashlight dealers would feel if EVERY one of us were to request the same thing. My guess is that they would find another job.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS.

I run a kitchen cabinet business and I can only imagine what would happen if every customer came in expecting me to hand select each cabinet door simply so the grain of the wood meets their expectations. When I get folks who are obviously not a fan of the natural grain of any specific wood species, I tell them to get a painted cabinet as there is no way I want to be responsible for THEIR complaints. Furthermore, if every customer were to return their cabinets because of personal dislikes regarding non-faulty things I would go out of business in a matter of months.

I can only imagine how some of these flashlight dealers would feel if EVERY one of us were to request the same thing. My guess is that they would find another job.
You guys need to all remember that in an age where predictable tints are easily acquired, none of these analogies are accurate.

Tell your customers they're getting red oak and see how they react when you sell them white instead.

Your excellent signature line applies perfectly here.

jbrett14

Enlightened
Yet, I've seen people posting that they buy several lights, and keep sending them back until they get a perfect one. Not cool!

If I was a vendor and a customer tried that stunt on me more than once, he'd be blacklisted from future sales.

Exactly!

No small business can survive with this nonsense.

jbrett14

Enlightened
You guys need to all remember that in an age where predictable tints are easily acquired, none of these analogies are accurate.

Tell your customers they're getting red oak and see how they react when you sell them white instead.

Your excellent signature line applies perfectly here.

:) Just shows how all things are subjective. In MY mind, your analogy is more like somebody buying a ZebraLight and getting a JetBeam as they are two entirely different products. My analogy of varying grains of the SAME wood is actually perfectly consistent with the SAME flashlight having varying tints. And those tints are subjective. E.g. some may hate a greenish tint or a blueish tint while others are more concerned with whether the light will be bright enough for the job, without concern for subtle tint variations.

The point is that because tints are subjective, the burden should not be put on the seller. And since ZL is apparently known to have tint variations, then anyone who buys them ought to either accept what they get (unless it's defective), or sell it and buy another one, rather than taking the profits away from the seller by having him ship multiple times. It's not the sellers fault, so why put the burden on him.

Last edited:

fnj

Enlightened
You guys need to remember that selecting tint bin does not give you absolutely identical tints. There is plenty of variation within a bin. There are plenty of bins that encompass both rosy and greenish. There is no magic way to achieve a perfectly repeatable tint. All you can do is laboriously hand select at tremendous labor.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Both of these last two posts pretend that Cree is the only game on the planet and neglect the existence of Nichia and their very reproducable tints when that is what's required.

Has either one of you guys ever had a Nichia 119 Haiku?

Enlightened
Both of these last two posts pretend that Cree is the only game on the planet and neglect the existence of Nichia and their very reproducable tints when that is what's required. Has either one of you guys ever had a Nichia 119 Haiku?
You can stick with those and let the market take care of itself.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
You can stick with those and let the market take care of itself.
How does the market take care of itself if not through marketing approaches, product development, customer demand, pricing, customer service, reliability and here we go, product predictability.

Some products by design deliver what they promise, while others get their supporters to accept compromise as the rule of thumb.

Now what's your point?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi KaichuDento,

I understand where you are coming from. I love my Nichia 119 Haiku as well as my other Nichia 219 powered lights. They produce the best tints available. Having said this, I must say that I was once a tint snob and preferred only HCRI or at least a neutral in the Q3 5A/B range, but lately I tend to be a little more easy on tints. Greenish, yellowish, or even slightly bluish is fine because I realized that in actual use now, I don't really care that much. Of course it doesn't mean I will not have a stronger preference towards neutral or HCRI when it comes to choosing a light, especially if it's a Nichia in there.