ZebraLight SC600 MkII

BWX

Enlightened
Re: ZebraLight SC600 MkII *with PICS*

I don't want stupid strobe / flashing at all on my ZL interface.

Hey it's fine with me, I just won't buy another one until they fix it. It'll save me $100 that I probbaly don't need to spend on a flashlight anyways. They can **** off their paying customers all they want. I will just not buy one. Easy.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

Never once had a problem with accidentally pressing the light into high while holding it down for low spanning multiple Zebralights. Pressing it down for low makes a whole lot more sense to me than pressing it up against one's shirt to mask the higher output modes. 3 clicks to get to strobe is a whole lot less 'there' than a held press IMO.

Regardless of the fact, I'm just happy that there's press hold to get to low. Being able to single click for instant high, or press hold to start at low then cycle from low to med then high is the whole reason why I love Zebralight.

I do agree though that strobe modes are rather useless, and should be something even more complicated to get to-- or just have the ability to be programmed to just not be there in the first place.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic

I don't want stupid strobe / flashing at all on my ZL interface.

Hey it's fine with me, I just won't buy another one until they fix it. It'll save me $100 that I probbaly don't need to spend on a flashlight anyways. They can **** off their paying customers all they want. I will just not buy one. Easy.

Strobes are pretty useless IMO. I wish they would either kill it or bury the hell out of it like 8 fast clicks. Or something Eagletac-ish like 3,821 fast clicks in under 10 seconds.

BWX

Enlightened

Never once had a problem with accidentally pressing the light into high while holding it down for low spanning multiple Zebralights. Pressing it down for low makes a whole lot more sense to me than pressing it up against one's shirt to mask the higher output modes. 3 clicks to get to strobe is a whole lot less 'there' than a held press IMO.

Regardless of the fact, I'm just happy that there's press hold to get to low. Being able to single click for instant high, or press hold to start at low then cycle from low to med then high is the whole reason why I love Zebralight.

"Sometimes with the flakey switch operation, holding down and releasing gets you a big flat blast of turbo because when you thought you pressed down, it wasn't "all the way" pressed down because switch is inconsistent as per usual with ZL switches. 3 clicks to low with head of light against your shirt is SAFER, that's why I do it."

And I returned two with much worse switches until I got this one which I could "live with"..

Last edited:

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast

"Sometimes with the flakey switch operation, holding down and releasing gets you a big flat blast of turbo because when you thought you pressed down, it wasn't "all the way" pressed down because switch is inconsistent as per usual with ZL switches. 3 clicks to low with head of light against your shirt is SAFER, that's why I do it."

And I returned two with much worse switches until I got this one which I could "live with"..

How recent was your most recent purchase of one? Reason I ask is they have significantly improved and upgraded their side switches so that now they're very reliable while providing nice feedback as well. I personally would be upset if they changed low access to 3 clicks, it's far easier to press and hold and makes much more sense too. Never had any issues accidentally getting medium or high with the current UI.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

I feel sorry for you guys that have trouble with this. Obviously, it is not working for you. The level of frustration only emphasizes how much you like your Zebralights. You just can't get the press-and-hold to work right.

You probably know the trick of saying "Zebralight" silently to yourself while you press and hold. Actually, "Ze-bra" works for me.

After reading several of these posts, I spent some time trying to recreate the problem. In many, many attempts, I was never able to accidentally activate high by doing a press-and-hold. Not once.

As someone who uses strobe, I hope Zebralight keeps things just as they are. Like Mark, I would never use a triple-click for low.

How recent was your most recent purchase of one? Reason I ask is they have significantly improved and upgraded their side switches so that now they're very reliable while providing nice feedback as well. I personally would be upset if they changed low access to 3 clicks, it's far easier to press and hold and makes much more sense too. Never had any issues accidentally getting medium or high with the current UI.

This may explain why I never have trouble. I have the SC62w.

Last edited:

uofaengr

Enlightened

Never have trouble either, and would hate 3 clicks to low. Use mine everyday too.

BWX

Enlightened

It's not if/ or. It's both. Mine does both. (MkI B U2) Hold and release for low or 3 quick clicks for low.. First click is high, 2nd med, 3rd, low. Also hold down to go through low, med, high, and let off to select when the light is on, just like normal.

The new ones are F-ed up.. 3 clicks gets to strobe? WTF!? F strobe!

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's not if/ or. It's both. Mine does both. (MkI B U2) Hold and release for low or 3 quick clicks for low.. First click is high, 2nd med, 3rd, low. Also hold down to go through low, med, high, and let off to select when the light is on, just like normal.

The new ones are F-ed up.. 3 clicks gets to strobe? WTF!? F strobe!

No need to get so upset over a UI change. There are a lot of people who like quick access to strobe and like having access to it from off so the 3 clicks is a good compromise for this. The press and hold for low is far more natural than 3 quick clicks IMO. I honestly don't think it's a big deal and if they were to remove strobe they'd have a lot of people who like it get upset. Their UI is top notch and easy to use once you use it some, very natural and my preferred UI versus other lights where you click multiple times for different modes.

KeepingItLight, this is most likely why few issues have arisen with recent ZL releases as it appears they refined their switch process. I'm not sure if they redesigned it or put higher quality parts or better QC, however they did do something in recent years to improve switch feedback/quality as I've seen few issues with recent releases while older models more than 1.5-2 years old were plagued with problems.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic

Switches, like the tint, have been all over the place. I had an SC600w with a mushy switch...it made NO sound. No feedback. Very difficult and irritating to use.

In contrast, I have an SC52w which rivals the sound of a cement truck slamming into a glass building. CLICK CLICK!! Actually I don't mind it, but something in between is best. I have a couple others which have nice feedback, but a very quiet click...perfect.

Just when I think the tint and switch thing is now consistent, I try another and get something completely different.

I'm a sucker for ZL, so we'll see what the SC600 III brings. I won't be able to resist that one.

Lumencrazy

Enlightened

SC600w Mk II L2 18650 XM-L2 Flashlight on sale on the website. Something new on the horizon?

markr6

Flashaholic

SC600w Mk II L2 18650 XM-L2 Flashlight on sale on the website. Something new on the horizon?

Yes! See post #1833 :) Someone else also asked ZL and they said next week for the SC600 III. Hopefully they don't break the $100 mark.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast

One week more.... one week more....

I hope they don't blow the release. I want! WANT! Want the Mk3. I've been impatient about this for WAY too long.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes! See post #1833 :) Someone else also asked ZL and they said next week for the SC600 III. Hopefully they don't break the $100 mark.

I expect you'll be preordering this when it releases right? This light could be exactly what I've been waiting for so I might be preordering depending on specs. I really hope 4.35v support for newer 18650 batteries is added.

markr6

Flashaholic

I expect you'll be preordering this when it releases right? This light could be exactly what I've been waiting for so I might be preordering depending on specs. I really hope 4.35v support for newer 18650 batteries is added.

Yeah :) or is it

Yeah :(?

LOL...I'm a sucker for Zebralights. I think my SC600w II L2 is perfect, but the curiosity will get me. Is this going to be mostly a thrower with the XP-L HI? Or will be be the SC600 II plus a little extra throw? I think the latter since (I'm guessing) the reflector won't be deep like some other lights. I just can't wait to find out! Of course, when they publish specs it may help me decide for sure, but I'll probably end up buying...I could always sell if I don't like/need it. That's always worked out in the past, but I'm currently sitting on two lights I don't need...any they won't SELL!

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah :) or is it

Yeah :(?

LOL...I'm a sucker for Zebralights. I think my SC600w II L2 is perfect, but the curiosity will get me. Is this going to be mostly a thrower with the XP-L HI? Or will be be the SC600 II plus a little extra throw? I think the latter since (I'm guessing) the reflector won't be deep like some other lights. I just can't wait to find out! Of course, when they publish specs it may help me decide for sure, but I'll probably end up buying...I could always sell if I don't like/need it. That's always worked out in the past, but I'm currently sitting on two lights I don't need...any they won't SELL!

From what I've read the dedomed XP-L will come close to doubling the throw if all other things (output, reflector, etc) are the same. I believe Selfbuilt measured around 12k from the L2 model so if they use a dedomed XP-L they should be able to achieve 20k easily if all else is the same. If they change the output and/or reflector design then that would certainly affect the results too. My guess is they'll leave the design the same but add support for 4.35v 18650 batteries. This would probably give us 20-22k in throw.

markr6

Flashaholic

MK III's :)

ModelMSRPBatteryLEDTypical CRINorminal CCTBeam TypeModels w/ Similar Beam ProfileModesANSI OTF Max OutputANSI OTF Low OutputBezel DiameterLengthWeightReleasedNotes
(USD)AACR12318650(Kelvin)(Lumens)(hrs)(Lumens)(hrs)(Inch)(Inch)(oz)
SC Series Side Clicky Flashlight
SC600w Mk III HI951Cree XHP35 HI804500spill + spotSC600 I & II15PID
6 mo
11/ 2015
SC600w Mk III951Cree XHP35804500spill + spot15
PID
0.016 mo1.23.82.3510/ 2015
SC600 Mk III951Cree XHP35705700spill + spot15
PID0.016 mo1.23.82.3510/ 2015

sdr

Newly Enlightened

MUST HAVE!!!
holding-money_zpsiryggflf.jpg

Got the cash in my hot little hand!

So, c'mon Zebralight...release that bad boy,
SC600 MkIII, and take my money...PLEASE!!!