ZebraLight SC600

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Thats great, I am pleased to see bug-free lights are shipping, especially for folks who bought as gifts to give. :)

I am going to keep my SC600W with bug and hidden add ons. I have plenty of lights that get HOT (Van & Kenji quads), I see no reason why this one should be any different. I'll just treat it like a knife of firearm, and keep the little hands off it. Wont loan it, for my paws only. :D

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure someone got it as a gift for me (since I don't have flashlight funds currently and this is the only thing I really want)... I think they are going to return it and get one from illuminationgear. I was considering having one that didn't step down but I think the step down is a great feature. Additionally, it is easily bypassed with a click on and off every 5 minutes. After thinking about it for a while I do see why some would prefer the non step down version, I was considering it, but it's just not for me (unless someone discovers same amazing hidden features soon).

burntoshine

Enlightened
Also, my sister inlaw ordered her SC600W on Saturday or Sunday, and got her shipping confirmation today... i asked her if she was sure she ordered the SC600W, she said she ordered the light on the link I sent her, it was definitely the SC600W. Weird... :huh:

that doesn't seem right. if that's true, Zebralight is more screwed up than i thought.

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think that is odd if she got it from a dealer, that happens quite often with new models. Manufacturers try to get their dealers lights quickly... some of those that pre-ordered don't get their lights from the factory before the dealers get theirs (especially when new models have issues).
EDIT: I don't know if this happened in this circumstance, but I have seen it happen with other manufacturers. It is the price you pay when you pre-order a light, or become an early adopter.

Last edited:

mitro

Newly Enlightened
Why did I bother to "preorder" the light when they are shipping lights out to vendors and the vendors have them in stock while I sit here on my thumb? Seems messed up to me.

Theorem29

Newly Enlightened
this is the response that i just got from Zebralight cs:

Your order will be shipped from Texas before 12/16/2011

(ordered my SC600w on November 25th)

I got a similar response from ZL. I asked when my 600W would ship (I ordered on the 23rd) and they said the estimated shipping would be around 12/16/2011. Although I hope it ships out sooner than that, as I was expecting it this week and I just can't wait any longer! :thumbsup:

Make me wonder if I am going to receive a model that has the exact tint as their other 'w' lights, or if the tint will be different than what has been posted in this thread so far.

Danjojo

Newly Enlightened
Dealers/vendors probably pre-ordered before you guys did... :whistle:

I think it's almost always better to pre-order with a major store than manufacturer - same story again and again with knives, video games, mp3 players, etc.

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Make me wonder if I am going to receive a model that has the exact tint as their other 'w' lights, or if the tint will be different than what has been posted in this thread so far.

I think you're overthinking things. :)

deklan

Newly Enlightened
Pulled the trigger over the Black Friday weekend on a SC600 and SC600W to accompany my newly-ordered (but yet to arrive) Quarks . Just received a notice that the lights are being shipped from China. Can't wait for them to arrive :)

Theorem29

Newly Enlightened
I think you're overthinking things. :)

I'm sure you are right, but didn't they mention that the first set of pre-orders was a very limited run of a particular tint bin?

I'm not too worried about it, as ZL seems to be famous for having amazing tints. I am more curious than anything else :)

Glock27

Enlightened
Wow...if dealers get lights before the Pre-Orders...I will NEVER pre-order another ZebraLight. I'm not sure, but I think charging your credit card before items are shipped or services rendered is against the law in the US.
I'm starting to think that everything but R & D for that company is a joke.........general communication and the FB page for instance...
G27

Zenbaas

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight just issued a full refund for my SC600w return, but no explanation about a fix for the lack of step down... I am grateful for the ease of the return, but I also want a SC600w that works as advertised.
Wait you got a refund and now what...? I still haven't received a reply from them :/

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait you got a refund and now what...? I still haven't received a reply from them :/
Maybe send them another email? Fill out the 'contact us' form in the website. I did that yesterday and got a reply with RMA# today.

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't get too upset about the current situation. This might be more appropriate for the marketplace but... If Zebralight waited 4 months to get their new lights to their dealers, I wonder how many dealers they would have... maybe none? I would think everyone would buy direct from the factory. We take for granted the coupon codes, customer services, and other benefits of the dealers. This is a bleeding edge emitter, with a hard to find tint, in a light that is utilizing a UI unlike any other. I'm assuming Zebralight would rather focus on making lights and fixing problems, and leave the distribution and sales to it's dealers, especially considering the incredible demand that has forced them to delay the release of other models.

I've seen much longer delays on pre-orders, from much more expensive lights. It is the nature of a "pre" order. If we keep bashing manufacturers about pre-orders we aren't going to have them anymore, and we are going to have to wait until they actually show up at the dealers.... won't that ruin all the fun?

Vesper

Enlightened
I wouldn't get too upset about the current situation. This might be more appropriate for the marketplace but... If Zebralight waited 4 months to get their new lights to their dealers, I wonder how many dealers they would have... maybe none? I would think everyone would buy direct from the factory. We take for granted the coupon codes, customer services, and other benefits of the dealers. This is a bleeding edge emitter, with a hard to find tint, in a light that is utilizing a UI unlike any other. I'm assuming Zebralight would rather focus on making lights and fixing problems, and leave the distribution and sales to it's dealers, especially considering the incredible demand that has forced them to delay the release of other models.

I've seen much longer delays on pre-orders, from much more expensive lights. It is the nature of a "pre" order. If we keep bashing manufacturers about pre-orders we aren't going to have them anymore, and we are going to have to wait until they actually show up at the dealers.... won't that ruin all the fun?

Well said - thank you.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the SC600 was way more popular than ZL expected and it's held up some other light's and maybe been the reason we have seen a couple bugs in initial batches but ZL is relatively new especially with flashlight's so I look at it like we are here growing with Zebralight and it's really cool to think back they started with a couple headlamps a few years back.

I feel for anyone who must send back there SC600w I've been there and I especially feel for the international customers but take a breath and realize when you get the proper SC600 you deserve it's a beautiful thing and worth the money and a little patience and forgiveness if need be.

I wasn't plan on getting a SC600w but I like the tint I've seen in the pics and it seems the step down bug is almost worked out, it is a drop in output like all neutrals but I doubt I would notice a difference at those high a outputs.

If you have both would mind comparing outside and see if you can really see a difference in output, I'm most interested to see if the 100lmn difference hurts the throw because even though the SC600 isn't designed as a thrower the sheer amount of lumens pushes the beam out there a good ways, about 140m for me. I would be willing to sacrifice 10-15m but not 20m+.

Soerlys

Newly Enlightened
Mine was shipped from China a week ago. I guess I will have to wait and see if i get a bug free one. I don't know yet if I would keep one with the bug, but I think I would keep it. Especially because all the hassle and the wait with sending it back and waiting for a new one to arrive. I dont plan to use it on turbo for very long anyway only in busts to illuminate something longer away.

g.p.

Enlightened
Wow...if dealers get lights before the Pre-Orders...I will NEVER pre-order another ZebraLight. I'm not sure, but I think charging your credit card before items are shipped or services rendered is against the law in the US.
I'm starting to think that everything but R & D for that company is a joke.........general communication and the FB page for instance...
G27
I would be very surprised if it was against the law in the U.S.. Almost all of the hobby companies that I deal with in the U.S. do this, and with most of them if you don't preorder before a shipment arrives you will not get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.