ZebraLight SC600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Sam

Newly Enlightened
This is a great thread. It's been a long time since I've been this excited about a flashlight. I picked up a TK 21 a few month ago as my first foray into 18650 batteries but really did not research much until I started to study this thread (never got more then 25 min on Turbo with the Ultra Fire 2600's but was otherwise happy). But first steps are first steps.

Now I have an SC600 on the way and some AW 2200 batteries as well. Should be a lot of fun and a challenge.

RBWNY

Enlightened
I love the SC600:thumbsup:.... just got it a few days ago. This is now my 2nd XM-L light. The Sunwayman V20 was the first. What is quite obvious though in both these lights, is the "yellowish" tint at the hotspot. On a white wall it looks like the sun :eek:oo:.

Is this the trait for ALL XM based lights, or did I just get 2 from the same tint batch :confused:.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't say my RRT-21 has any hint of yellow.

Just curious, when you shine the RRT-21 on your hand, what color do you see of your skin? All the XM-L lights I have looks white visually but when I shined it on my hand or my wife, our skin just looks yellowish with a slight touch of green on it. Maybe it is due to us being Asians, but I do notice that when white wall hunting the white seems to contain a very very slight tinge of yellow or green (not exactly sure what tint as it's hard to tell). I am fine with the tint actually. I have long ago given up on being picky when it comes to cool white, and as long as I can see it is all that matters.

RBWNY

Enlightened
but I do notice that when white wall hunting the white seems to contain a very very slight tinge of yellow or green .

I don't see much white at all! -- It's about 90% yellow. And speaking of green; if the SC600 is tailstanding on low or medium, and I look across the bezel at about a 20 degree angle up, there's a spot of green on the lense, which is ONLY visible in the beam if it's right up against a white wall. The green then shows up on the outer fringe of the beam. :thinking:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't see much white at all! -- It's about 90% yellow. And speaking of green; if the SC600 is tailstanding on low or medium, and I look across the bezel at about a 20 degree angle up, there's a spot of green on the lense, which is ONLY visible in the beam if it's right up against a white wall. The green then shows up on the outer fringe of the beam. :thinking:

Talking about that, I have two SC600 and one shows a bluish to purplish tint on the lens and another has a yellowish tint on the lens when I look at it from an angle with the light on. And only a very very slight difference on the beam color between the two. The one that looks bluish on the lens has a slightly more yellowish tinge to the beam, only very very slightly more than the other.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Talking about that, I have two SC600 and one shows a bluish to purplish tint on the lens and another has a yellowish tint on the lens when I look at it from an angle with the light on. And only a very very slight difference on the beam color between the two. The one that looks bluish on the lens has a slightly more yellowish tinge to the beam, only very very slightly more than the other.

pjandyho I also have two and mine are just as you describe, you can lay them on a flat surface and see the colors on the outer edge of the spill, all I can think of is it must be something different between the AR coating.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
pjandyho I also have two and mine are just as you describe, you can lay them on a flat surface and see the colors on the outer edge of the spill, all I can think of is it must be something different between the AR coating.

That's what I thought too. As a photographer, I noticed long ago that my camera lenses do show different colors from the coatings that was applied on the surfaces.

RBWNY

Enlightened
Well as a footnote...I think I may of been slightly color-blind when deciphering the "lens color" since it now looks more purple than I originally thought. Meanwhile the yellow-ish hue (for all practical purposes) isn't noticeable in long distance lighting (for anyone considering getting one)... and even at close range, it DOES mix with a whiter hue as well.

Overall I'm very pleased with it, and since already owning an SC51 I knew what to expect...operation-wise. :naughty:

BWX

Enlightened
My XP-G R5/R4 lights all have a cool white tint.. My 2 XP-G S2 lights have a yellowish tint hot spot with a slightly purple-ish spill. The S2 lights actually work very well outside against green/brown backgrounds.

I just got my first XM-L and first 18650 light a couple days ago, the Olight i6 Paladin. It has a nice cool to neutral tint closer too my R5 lights than to my S2 lights. It has a very slight yellowish tint around the hotspot, and a cooler spill, but nothing dramatic. I was expecting a more yellowish/purple/green type tint, but I guess I got lucky, or Olight picks nice tints. Just for comparison against your Zebra lights.

Skeidži

Newly Enlightened
Hi. I´m new there (from Czech Republic -sory for bad english).

Can someone here tell me what FL is better? I thinking about Zebralight SC600 vs. Spark SL6. Cost of FL doesn´t play any role now for mee - but i don´t need two FL´s.
I want small FL (like PD31, SC600, Sl6, TK21, etc.) but as powerfull as it can be. Some universal FL (i like difusor lens delivered with SL6). But Zebra have lower -lowest output-.
It seems that spark have longer range and zebra have nicer shape of beam.

I have Zebralight SC50W and Fenix TK41.

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can someone here tell me what FL is better? I thinking about Zebralight SC600 vs. Spark SL6. Cost of FL doesn´t play any role now for mee - but i don´t need two FL´s.
I want small FL (like PD31, SC600, Sl6, TK21, etc.) but as powerfull as it can be. Some universal FL (i like difusor lens delivered with SL6). But Zebra have lower -lowest output-.

One thing you might want to do (if you haven't already) is to check out the Flashlight Reviews subforum. You'll find solid reviews of both flashlights there, and the reviews in that subforum are typically very comprehensive, including comparisons to other flashlights in the same category.

For instance, here is a link to selfbuilt's review of the ZebraLight SC600:

Zebralight SC600 (1x18650, XM-L) Review: RUNTIME, BEAMSHOTS, comparisons & more!

And selfbuilt's review of the Spark SL6:

Spark SL6 800CW (XM-L T6, 2xCR123A/1x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, and more!

CPF member selfbuilt does solid and comprehensive reviews, so these are well worth reading as part of your research. You'll find other good review information in Flashlight Reviews section, too (including very good reviews of these lights and others by other members).

I do own the SC600 but not the SL6, so I can't compare...but the SC600 is a fantastic light

And welcome to CPF... :thumbsup:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Skeidži;3753687 said:

The SC600 is smaller and has a way better UI so I believe the SC600 is the better light for EDC.

TDK9

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight SC600:
- more efficient - longer runtime,
- smaller,
- better optics (glass, reflector),
- firefly mode.

Spark SL6-800:
- better throw,
- slightly better (warmer) tint (2B),
- lighter,
- (IMO) better UI (possibility of signaling in Morse code, ablility to enter the turbo mode from any other mode, memory of the modes, two buttons).

My both flashlights give the same amount of light.

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SC600 is smaller and has a way better UI so I believe the SC600 is the better light for EDC.

Fully agreed. It was the UI on the Spark that put me off. I also preferred the smaller size of the SC600. No regret getting the SC600.

Zenbaas

Newly Enlightened
Battery question for all you SC600 owners:

Have you found any 18650 batteries that don't fit in this light..?

Has anyone tried the XTAR 2600 batteries in this light..? Do they fit..?

Status
Not open for further replies.