ZebraLight SC600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philonous

Newly Enlightened
Derp, didn't see that!

Okay then, I think I'm sold. This really looks like a one-stop shop EDC solution for me, and battery types aside (which shouldn't be an issue) the reviews seem consistent. I'll wait a week or two for the clips to happen, and then I'll splash.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
My thoughts won't be too profound.
1) I was so psyched that 750 lumens would be like an antiaircraft searchlight. It's not. It's just incrementally brighter than a now-common 200 lumen light. But it sure ain't bad.
2) But it WILL light up an entire room handily when tailstanding. You really don't need room lights any more unless you're going to stay there a while.
3) It is VERY floody; certainly when compared to an HDS 170 clicky with the Golden Dragon, but even compared to, say, a Quark Mini.
4) The beam has a pronounced lemony fringe, so much so that it doesn't seem to be cool white; at least not when compared with, say, a Quark Mini. On balance it's a very nice tint indeed.
5) The button is so fantastically hard to operate (especially double click) as to be a pain. Right now, given I have no intention of EVER carrying this light in my pocket, I would give anything for the luxurious old style button. Zebralight would DEFINITELY make one more sale if they offered it as an option.
6) Five minutes on high, free standing, does not produce what I would call a scary amount of heat.
7) The Panasonic batteries definitely do get warm in the Pila charger. Enough to cause me some concern.

:eek:

<slowly backs out of thread>

molon_labe

Newly Enlightened
The tiny little light that could...........

Clueless%20Bernake%20003a.jpg

fnj

Enlightened
Every Li-ion I've ever charged gets warm it's what it does and is not a abnormality.

See, that's the weird thing. Some guys are saying no, they should never warm up at all, and some say big deal, they all do that. It's definitely not simple resistive power dissipation. You've got maybe 600 ma going into an internal resistance of 0.05 ohms or so; that's only 1/30 watt being dissipated.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
See, that's the weird thing. Some guys are saying no, they should never warm up at all, and some say big deal, they all do that. It's definitely not simple resistive power dissipation. You've got maybe 600 ma going into an internal resistance of 0.05 ohms or so; that's only 1/30 watt being dissipated.

All I know is if I recharge a empty cell to full charge the battery gets warm, if I charge a slightly drained cell it does not get warm.

The Auditor

Newly Enlightened
My SC600 showed up this morning and I am very impressed. The good news is ALL my AW18650
2900 batteries fit very well. They are not even snug, just slip right in no problem. A quick check with the other 18650 batteries I have also resulted in no problems. This is a very bright light for its size.

The Auditor

Newly Enlightened
My SC600 showed up this morning and I am very impressed. The good news is ALL my AW18650
2900 batteries fit very well. They are not even snug, just slip right in no problem. A quick check with the other 18650 batteries I have also resulted in no problems. This is a very bright light for its size.

Philonous

Newly Enlightened
I crave this light. I think I may just go ahead and order it, clip or no clip.

Black Frog

Newly Enlightened
I got this light a while ago now, I don't really miss a clip on it. For MY use, even though the light is quite compact, it would be a bit big for pocket storage with a clip.

I could see maybe a belt holster of some sort.

Philonous

Newly Enlightened
I got this light a while ago now, I don't really miss a clip on it. For MY use, even though the light is quite compact, it would be a bit big for pocket storage with a clip.

I could see maybe a belt holster of some sort.

Yeah, I was thinking this too. I would like to carry it in my pocket, but given its dimensions, I think just throwing it in there sans-clip might be the best bet. Besides, the clip will be along anyway, and the thing's unlikely to eat through my pocket between now and then.

kwak

Enlightened
:eek:

<slowly backs out of thread>

I would strongly advise you to read up a little more before basing your torch buying decision on a completely irrelevant post (with regards to the SC600) containing absolutely no hard data other than it felt hot.

Even if the battery got hot enough to melt diamond, this has absolutely nothing to do with Zebralight at all.
It could be there is absolutely nothing wrong, it could be a faulty charger or a faulty battery.
None of which are a fair judging decision for buying a light where a battery and charger are not included.

JA(me)S

Enlightened
I don't have the SC600 - waiting for the neutral. However, in general, their build quality is excellent. In particular, their anodizing is some of the best I've seen. Also, ZebraLight is known to be exceedingly selective and consistent with their tint selection. I've not heard anyone complain of being a "victim of tint lottery" with their ZL.

ZebraLight is an American owned company with manufacturing facilities in China. However, they will start producing some models in the U.S. - beginning with the T5 & T3.

Wow, 1000 posts in this thread! A special thanks to everyone for a quality, on-target, vibrant, informative thread!

:clap: :grouphug: - Jas.

stockwiz

Enlightened
received my light in the failbox today. Nice build quality, looks great, AW 2900s fit great, no problems. Nice beam, nice cool bluish/yellowish tint. No puke green. Very impressed. Woot.

mrlysle

Enlightened
I posted this photo in the HDS thread but thought about it a little, and maybe it will give some ideas on a carry method. I asked Hogo to make this holster for me for my HDS rotary. Now I'm going to ask him to make me one for my SC600. I originally talked to him about a holster for my SC60w, which I still may get one, but I want to carry my SC600 for awhile, and it don't get any classier than one of Dan's handmade leather holsters. The pic shows he made the rotary holster with a "saddlebag" for carrying a spare CR123. I'll ask him to make my SC600 holster with a saddlebag for a spare 18650 cell. Should be a real sweet rig for toting the little SC600. It's little, but still just a tad too big for my front jeans pocket. Cargo shorts and/or pants would be great though.
P1017069.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.