Zebralight SC600Fd III Plus - XHP50

TCY

Enlightened
What the?
My order is 4 digits behind yours, I paid for EMS and live in the same country and not a word.
Not such great customer service for me. Perhaps you got sorted because you rattled some cages?
Anyway, email sent. I want mine sent and a DHL upgrade with $10 refund should be on the cards too I reckon. One in, all in I say.

Yes, I bugged them for quite a bit. Since they said "missed a few", I bet they already right the wrongs by shipping your light today as well.

They might not give you the free upgrade though.. the $10 is for the DHL upgrade I paid for two days ago.

TCY

Enlightened
:thumbsup: Since it just shipped how long will it probably take to receive it? Thursday or Friday maybe?

I'm not exactly sure how postal services estimate their delivery times. ZL page says 3-4 days for DHL, but do these days include the day they got the parcel and the day the parcel is being delivered? If yes I'm hoping to get mine by Thursday:D

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not exactly sure how postal services estimate their delivery times. ZL page says 3-4 days for DHL, but do these days include the day they got the parcel and the day the parcel is being delivered? If yes I'm hoping to get mine by Thursday:D

I know here in the US they usually quote me 2-3 days for our priority mail which means once it's shipped I get my package in 2 days or 3 if our postal service is a little slow.

TCY

Enlightened
I know here in the US they usually quote me 2-3 days for our priority mail which means once it's shipped I get my package in 2 days or 3 if our postal service is a little slow.

Expect to get some beamshots in three days then:hitit:

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some update here about my shipping. Since me and samgab exchanged our order #, I have found that my order is supposed to be shipped out before samgab's per ZL's shipping method. I emailed ZL about this and they got back to me within (I think) a day.

Here' the response:

I did some research, that's our mistake. EMS/DHL were put aside, and our shipping dept, missed a few.
They will be shipped in about 24 hours. We apologize about this mistake.
We issued 10.00USD back to you, but give you free upgrade shipping to DHL.

So it seems like that some of the international priority shippings are overlooked and treated as normal parcels if I'm not misinterpreting. Now I expect to have my light by Friday (if DHL is super fast) and there's 10 more dollars in my pocket. :popcorn:

TLDR: 10/10 customer service by ZL, I was kinda expecting that they would just ignore this but they took their time and tracked down the problem.

Wow, that's excellent customer service, and response to your enquiry. I'd wondered about that discrepancy, with my order number being further down in the the queue than yours, but I was fairly sure you were going to email them, having seen how ...er... proactive, shall we say, you've been in regards to this flashlight. ;)

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I bugged them for quite a bit. Since they said "missed a few", I bet they already right the wrongs by shipping your light today as well.

They might not give you the free upgrade though.. the $10 is for the DHL upgrade I paid for two days ago.

Yeah, no free upgrade for me. They did however send it and say sorry for the delay.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that's excellent customer service, and response to your enquiry. I'd wondered about that discrepancy, with my order number being further down in the the queue than yours, but I was fairly sure you were going to email them, having seen how ...er... proactive, shall we say, you've been in regards to this flashlight. ;)

I'm surprised to see that people are so impressed by their customer service. I'm not saying it's bad but perhaps these days with faceless internet sales we have come to expect less? I'd say they have done what's expected in reasonable business, no more, no less.
Not trying to have a go at anyone here, just thought it was worth a single comment and on that note I'm sure ZL are way better than the masses of mass produced lights.

markr6

Flashaholic
FYI - Just updated the webpage status from Pre-order to Back Order. No big deal; but it's just the most exciting part of my day, sadly.

roger-roger

Enlightened
I'm surprised to see that people are so impressed by their customer service. I'm not saying it's bad but perhaps these days with faceless internet sales we have come to expect less? I'd say they have done what's expected in reasonable business, no more, no less.
Not trying to have a go at anyone here, just thought it was worth a single comment and on that note I'm sure ZL are way better than the masses of mass produced lights.

Agree. What you bring up in your post, is in a sense a sad commentary of how consumers allow online businesses to operate. That said Zebralight has its faults and you'll never see me apologizing for them, but their record has gained my confidence.

TCY

Enlightened
I have different levels of expectation for different industries when it comes to customer services. For a rather small online business like ZL, their customer service is impressive enough for me.

Buuuuuuuuut I digress. According to DHL page my flashlight has "Departed Facility in EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC" at 2:43am China time and has an estimated delivery date of tomorrow.

First guy to get this light on CPF? :devil:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if someone can mod it:
1) shave the dome for more throw
2) replace the frosted lens with a clear lens for more output

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if someone can mod it:
1) shave the dome for more throw
2) replace the frosted lens with a clear lens for more output

And ruin the elements that make this light what it is?
The only reason I bought this light is for hopefully a nice beam, tint and CRI. Apart from the neat little design its housed in.
I don't buy Chinese lights anymore and if I do I mod them, and that's usually done to lights I bought previously, so for me to buy this is an exception for me.
You'd be better off just getting the XHP35 Hi model based on the above.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
The floody beam is the only reason why I'm not getting this one. There are other lights on the market utilizing optics instead of reflectors that can achieve high output-high CRI from very small form-factors, as the optics allow quite a bit of length to be shaved off. Of course they don't have Zebralight UI and PID, but at the same time I wish this one had the classic Zebralight beam pattern that was a mix of throw-flood, as I just find it to be more useful for the majority of tasks.

Really what I want is just the XHP-35 HI model to have High CRI as an option.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
The floody beam is the only reason why I'm not getting this one. There are other lights on the market utilizing optics instead of reflectors that can achieve high output-high CRI from very small form-factors, as the optics allow quite a bit of length to be shaved off. Of course they don't have Zebralight UI and PID, but at the same time I wish this one had the classic Zebralight beam pattern that was a mix of throw-flood, as I just find it to be more useful for the majority of tasks.

Really what I want is just the XHP-35 HI model to have High CRI as an option.

I have a heap of lights that do just that including a Nichia 219 triple, 219 mules and XPG3 HiCri over driven behind a Ledil boom so while I didn't exactly need this light I got it anyway because I'm a mad collector.
The floody beam, tint and CRI are exactly why I bought this light but I can understand why people are after a HiCRI version of something like the XHP35 Hi model, I'd also like one I'm sure.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a heap of lights that do just that including a Nichia 219 triple, 219 mules and XPG3 HiCri over driven behind a Ledil boom so while I didn't exactly need this light I got it anyway because I'm a mad collector.
The floody beam, tint and CRI are exactly why I bought this light but I can understand why people are after a HiCRI version of something like the XHP35 Hi model, I'd also like one I'm sure.

Speaking of these other lights, it will be interesting to see how this light compares to the Astrolux S41. Admittedly, the Zebralight will certainly trump the Astrolux when it comes to build quality and UI. But given that CRI, maximum output, color temperature, and beam pattern are all fairly similar between the two, it will be interesting to see how they compare when it comes to output.