Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

Connor

Enlightened
I was looking at the 50.2 datasheet, and ZL is going to have to pull of some magic to get 2400 OTF lumens from a single 50.2 on a single 18650. If it is a single LED like other ZL's, they'll be boosting up over 6.0V, gotta be well over 4A (maybe 6A even), and over-driving the emitter quite a bit. This light will have to be the hottest ZL ever made, and might even drive some changes in the body shape/weight to handle the heat.

As per information from ZL emails posted here recently, ZL is not overdriving their LEDs at all, ever. The SC600fd III Plus is already draining up to 8 amps, so no biggy. ;-) Yes it will get hot quickly and step down, probably comparable to the SC600fd III Plus (after ~45 seconds).

moozooh

Enlightened
Yeah, PCT suggests 2400–2500 LED lumen for XHP50.2 at 3A, so depending on the temperature this is very plausible. But since it's a 6V LED, the driver has to pull some 18W from the battery as expected. That being said, PCT also suggests that XHP50.2 has a bit lower forward voltage compared to the original XHP50, so perhaps this won't be the hottest ZL light to date (at least no hotter than the SC600F III Plus).

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some bad(good) news for you: grab a D4vn for 60 bucks, 3700 lumens with 4*4000K R9050 219C:nana:

I'd forgotten about the D4. Crazy little hotrod. I'm not sure it's what I'm looking for, but still will be one I consider.

TCY

Enlightened
I'd forgotten about the D4. Crazy little hotrod. I'm not sure it's what I'm looking for, but still will be one I consider.

I used it over the weekends. With thermal setting clocked to 55 degrees C the D4 219C can sustain ~500 lumens with ambient temp of about 27 C and no air flow. Occasional bursts of turbo are fine too. I'm liking it so far.

holygeez03

Enlightened
This might finally be the SC600 that I purchase... never could justify adding any of the other iterations to the collection.

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
2440 lumens for how long? And the step-down to what?

If it's in the Mk III body running twice the watts (minus the lower Vf) it's going to step down pretty darn soon. I have my temperature set point down a few degrees to their minimum so I can actually hold it for a few minutes on max, and it starts ramping down within 10-20 seconds.

So, really impressive, but probably not on my list. The MkIII HI I did get was an amazing boost from the SC63 or SC600 in several ways. Anything pulling more watts I'd want more thermal mass (or, in some years, 2400lm at <15W.

Now if you're using it in a cold climate with gloves, the extra cooling and higher temp setting you could use would make a big difference.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's in the Mk III body running twice the watts (minus the lower Vf) it's going to step down pretty darn soon. I have my temperature set point down a few degrees to their minimum so I can actually hold it for a few minutes on max, and it starts ramping down within 10-20 seconds.

So, really impressive, but probably not on my list. The MkIII HI I did get was an amazing boost from the SC63 or SC600 in several ways. Anything pulling more watts I'd want more thermal mass (or, in some years, 2400lm at <15W.

Now if you're using it in a cold climate with gloves, the extra cooling and higher temp setting you could use would make a big difference.

yes this won't be the replacement for the 600 mk3 HI

it was a similar situation w/ the sc62 and sc63. the latter had more lumens but upon turn on their throw were about the same, with the 63 having a bigger hotspot. post stepdown their lumens were about the same which is expected since both are thermally-limited and both had similar bodies, so there

it's going to be the same thing all over again w/ the mk4

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope it comes with a bigger reflector than the current version so it has a good mix of flood and throw. An XHP50.2 with a too small reflector = too much flood.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am entirely satisfied with my SC600w Mk3 HI. And this one looks like an overkill to me. Is there any sense in replacing minor thermal issues to several seconds of a twice brighter beam with huge thermal issues? I guess not. Unless you live in a polar area and need an instant hand warmer :)

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Yes vad, always push the boundaries...............eventually we may have 2500lm for several minutes...................stranger things have happened. Not too long back, to even think of having a little flashlight with 500lm was just crazy, never mind 2500 or 4000(D4).

Besides, the 30s or so of crazy makes :grin2:

I am pretty impressed with my sc63w(not sure output but over 1100lm), the step downs during actual uses are hard to notice . So smooth and effortless, temp gets warm but never hot..............very clever driver . Even most of my sc62d uses are on 145lm(not even the high 320lm!)...............but its nice to have when i need to see that bit more.

Its all fun! I probably only need 200lm, but i will always take more:D

Cobraman502

Enlightened
Yes vad, always push the boundaries...............eventually we may have 2500lm for several minutes...................stranger things have happened. Not too long back, to even think of having a little flashlight with 500lm was just crazy, never mind 2500 or 4000(D4).

Besides, the 30s or so of crazy makes :grin2:

I am pretty impressed with my sc63w(not sure output but over 1100lm), the step downs during actual uses are hard to notice . So smooth and effortless, temp gets warm but never hot..............very clever driver . Even most of my sc62d uses are on 145lm(not even the high 320lm!)...............but its nice to have when i need to see that bit more.

Its all fun! I probably only need 200lm, but i will always take more:D

I'm waiting on the sc64. Interested to know max output. 93-95 cri.

TCY

Enlightened
Given it's XP-L2 and high CRI, I'd say ~1100 lumens max.

benhar

Newly Enlightened
I'm just in for the new UI. Was all set to get a MK III till y'all wised me up to this, so now I'm impatiently waiting a bit longer for my first Zebralight.

kramnor

Newly Enlightened
Also waiting. Is the sc600wmkiii hi pocketable does it bulge that much compared to sc63?

terjee

Enlightened
Is the sc600wmkiii hi pocketable does it bulge that much compared to sc63?

Depends on the pocket, and the person wearing it. ;-)

For me, even a bare 18650 would be a bit much for jeans pockets for example, but personally I find the SC600w Mk III HI to be very jacket pocketable, for most definitions of jacket pocket.

Latest posts