Zebralight SC700d 21700 XHP70.2 90+CRI

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was going to say the exact same thing! ZL pushes it a bit, but not what I would call overboard.

I think the Plus is the only light ZL produces that pushes it at all. I suspect they must be overdriving the 50.2 a little bit to obtain 2300 lumens, but not by much. I don't think they overdrive any of their other lights.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
50.2 can push upwards of 4-5k lumens, so I doubt even that, though the 80 CRI one Zebralight is using probably loses 10-15% output.

All Zebralight hosts are tiny with little mass and surface area, so even underdriven emitters will heat them up rather fast. They can only handle a couple watts of continuous power.

insanefred

Enlightened
I'm sorry but I have to tell you that in the Opus 3100 they do not enter. I have the Acebeam 21700 and unfortunately does not enter the Opus 3100.
Is it possible that the new Zebralight is rechargeable?

All Zebralights are rechargeable, if you used a rechargeable battery.

markr6

Flashaholic
I'm sorry but I have to tell you that in the Opus 3100 they do not enter. I have the Acebeam 21700 and unfortunately does not enter the Opus 3100.

I'm not worried about it. Mine must be more forgiving since I can get a rod 72mm long in each slot with a little wiggle room. It doesn't state that on the box, so I wonder if they just overlooked that at the time.

Last edited:

CM2010

Enlightened
Is the battery protected? My unprotected 21700's fit my charger fine.

markr6

Flashaholic
Is the battery protected? My unprotected 21700's fit my charger fine.

That could have been the issue. I'm guessing this ZL SC700 will only take UNprotected cells since that's the trend with their newer pogo pin setup, but can't say for sure. I'm also thinking ZL will offer a 21700 for sell on their site, since they're not as common yet.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 12 Zebralight and none of them is rechargeable. Maybe you mean the battery or you just wanted to be nice.

I think he was saying that every Zebralight can use a rechargeable battery, so is essentially rechargeable, but you have to use a separate charger. IIRC, even the CR123 SC32 can use a rechargeable RCR123 cell. So, unless I'm mistaken, you don't need to use any single-use battery in a ZL.

Zeron1

Newly Enlightened
Anyone got a photo of the light yet? I'd be interested in one because of the high CRI.

markr6

Flashaholic
Anyone got a photo of the light yet? I'd be interested in one because of the high CRI.

They have October as the release, but I usually give it an extra 4-6 weeks on actually announcing it officially.

Nichia!

Banned
No true CRI junky will buy this light!

Unless you care about the output and not the tint!!

Tint is going to be VERY BAD mark my words..

Connor

Enlightened
Perhaps we shouldn't talk so bad about a flashlight that noone here has seen yet ... :thinking:

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
We don't have to see the host to know how the emitter we've already seen before will perform. 50.2 and 70.2 Cree LEDs-- no matter their CRI-- when in reflectors, are rainbows.

Nichia!

Banned
Perhaps we shouldn't talk so bad about a flashlight that noone here has seen yet ... :thinking:

Agreed. I don't like this negativity, and nobody is obligated to buy it.

Never ceases to amaze me how terrible a ZL can be before it even exists.:rolleyes:

You don't need to see it to know if this light has a good tint because you already knows what's latest generation of Cree LEDs looks like!!