Zebralight SC700d 21700 XHP70.2 90+CRI

henry1960

Enlightened
Got mine last week..It is definatley worth the wait..I own almost all of Zebra lights and have to say this is one of my favorites!

markr6

Flashaholic
Nkon had this in stock for a while now. Has anyone received from them? Since it was possibly from a separate batch, I'm wondering about the anodizing color. Yes, I'm still on that topic :)

likethevegetable

Enlightened
Shoot them an email markr6! They're very friendly and responsive. I asked them to hand pick the tint on my last two ZLs and was happy.

Also, for the Canadians here,. It's overall less expensive to order from NKON than it is direct from ZL.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Nkon had this in stock for a while now. Has anyone received from them? Since it was possibly from a separate batch, I'm wondering about the anodizing color. Yes, I'm still on that topic :)

NKON had it in stock last week and next day was out. Now it's back in stock again. Have no idea if they received more or had any returns that went to stock again. Maybe somebody crazy returned because of anodizing color? :grin2:

I'm tempted, but if I buy something bigger than my SC600w Mk IV HI, I want more throw :candle:

Last edited:

ro.ma.

Enlightened
This is mine bought from Nkon as soon as they arrived. The color I do not mind, it is almost back to that of the first SC600. I wanted advice on holster to buy and where.

TFgiQKPi_o.jpg

markr6

Flashaholic
Thanks for the pic. Good looking light! I'll get over the exterior color; now I just hope I didn't screw myself by selling a good LED tint for a bad one! I'm not sure how the tint lottery is going with these, but the SC700d I had was very nice.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, for the Canadians here,. It's overall less expensive to order from NKON than it is direct from ZL.

That's good information to know. I might start buying from there, rather than directly from ZL. Looks like the savings is about 10-15%, factoring in postage. The only issue is the cost of currency conversion. I have a US dollar credit card, so buying in USD doesn't cost me anything in conversion. But buying in euros would.

P220C

Newly Enlightened
The US-Euro conversion was surcharge was insignificant when I ordered my H503C from NKON.

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same here. (shipping notice)

So, how long does it sit at "shipping label" status? Kind of a tease to log the label more than a day or two before getting it in the mail, at least for something that'll probably get here 2-3 days after it's posted. Oh well, waited this long...

justanotherguy

Enlightened
Thanks for the pic. Good looking light! I'll get over the exterior color; now I just hope I didn't screw myself by selling a good LED tint for a bad one! I'm not sure how the tint lottery is going with these, but the SC700d I had was very nice.
Well if you get one and like the old ones tint better, we can trade... Unless it's like horrible green or something

markr6

Flashaholic
Well if you get one and like the old ones tint better, we can trade... Unless it's like horrible green or something

How are you liking the one I sold you? In the brief time I used it I really liked the tint and output.

koziy

Newly Enlightened
Coming from someone who is totally new to Zebralights and now owns flashlights in both colors of anodizing (the H503c LH351D is the lighter gray color as well), I don't feel too strongly about this, but I kind of prefer the lighter gray. It's more visible against a dark background without being some gaudy color like silver. For example, if I am fishing for the light out of a dark backpack, I'll be able to see the lighter gray just a little easier than a dark gray flashlight.

ro.ma.

Enlightened
Here a comparison with the SC600w IV Plus and the old SC600w mk1. Then more photos of the SC700d.

ned7rWiF_o.jpg

zIbroMBy_o.jpg

XgNPoNZ0_o.jpg

uTr4TGUd_o.jpg

1kBLWuvc_o.jpg

justanotherguy

Enlightened
How are you liking the one I sold you? In the brief time I used it I really liked the tint and output.
I like it well enough... Not a white wall guy, not too picky on tint.. or ano color ;)
Great output and run time.... Considering another 700 series light if they announce one... Like a 700f...700fd maybe, like I said, not chasing pure daylight tint...if the 700 is a wall of power, then I'd like the wall of flood cousin..so to speak
If that makes any sense

markr6

Flashaholic
I didn't test mine flush against the wall like that, but from about 8' away at a slight angle it didn't show much yellow.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Considering another 700 series light if they announce one... Like a 700f...700fd maybe, like I said, not chasing pure daylight tint...if the 700 is a wall of power, then I'd like the wall of flood cousin..so to speak
If that makes any sense
Have you considered placing some diffusion material over the front glass. The Lee Filters sample book which I use to find the filters for fine tuning my tint, also contains a fairly broad selection of diffusing material. I just converted my SC600w MkIV+ to a flooder using a bit of that. Works like a charm, and it's easily reversible if needed.