new use for headlamp

makar

Enlightened
fb2f8d2b.jpg

My girlfriend found a new use for my headlamp: she uses it for sewing

She says it's a perfect light to sew.
Perhaps this is a good point to persuade your wifes to agree on buying a new flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RewopEldnac

Newly Enlightened
good idea!!
first I got to persuade her to sew. Then tell her the advantage using a headlamp to sew.

but wait... I am still single /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
I can buy as many flashlight as my wallet permit... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Makar -- sounds like a good use for a headlamp. What kind does she use? I would like one for a somewhat similar purpose: reading during a blackout. But I would need a flood beam. Know of a good candidate?

CandlePower -- if you start talking flashlights with her, that's starting to be serious talk. You may not be single too long. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paul

RevDavid

Enlightened
I used to wear mine when I would flyfish near dusk. It really helped me tie those tiny flies on in the dark.
I used it previously when I worked fixing processing equipment in photo labs. The really weird thing there, is I had a hard time seeing what I wanted to see, because the thing always pointed slightly down when I wore it. Then I dropped it one day, after I had used it for about a year, and "broke" the head. But then it snapped back down in place again. It was only then that I realized... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
It had a tilt head on it the whole time, but honestly, it wasn't marked on the package, and I never saw it. LOL
It's great... I still use it from time to time.

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
pt matrix has 3 small leds with a nice flood. It is rugged and a divelight, the two aa batteries last very long, I think it is regulated, it has a moon mode and is just bright enough for reading. The incan module is rather crappy but maybe the stochastic reflector is usable.
Anyway I think many people find it is too weak for anything.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Re: new use for headlamp *DELETED*

Post deleted by raggie33

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Matrix (Module) is regulated: 40 hours on alkaline and 100+ on Lithium AAs. It is not supposed to be a route finding light. Rather a see what you are doing and where you are walking light. the PT smooth reflector is nearly useless, unless you are lucky enough to have a bulb, where the filament sits in the sweet spot.

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine ain't smooth, but still sucks with the incan. If I find another LS with a color that I like, I'll probably try to make a module with it and a Dat2Zip module.

makar

Enlightened
@ paulw: It is the spe-lu from lupine. A headlamp with 26 leds.

I made a review here.

headlamps are perfect. free hands and the light is where you look /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Makar,

That is a nice looking light. I see now that that's what is in your avatar. I like the broad beam it gives. But I'm afraid it's more light than I want. I'm looking for something considerably less than in the US$300s.

I can see why your girlfriend likes it.

Thanks,

Paul

makar

Enlightened
tikka from petzl

hi paul,
my friend is really happy with the tikka from petzl. he uses it in job and freetime.
it produces real good light is lightweight, compact and uses common batteries.
marc

markdek

Newly Enlightened
Definitely good for reading a book; like on camping/backpacking trips.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've used my H51w for doing small sewing jobs for some time now. Usually things like repairing a tear in a t-shirt or the like, but I've also used it several times for sewing patches on pants or shorts, and for sewing embroidered patches on things like my backpack, or on my son's tae kwon do uniform. Works very well for working with small things at my workbench too; particularly things like filing and polishing pinewood derby car axles, and the like.

grayhighh

Enlightened
Is it just me or does the picture really not showing up ?

Last edited: