Olight M30 Triton (new and first pictures

Patriot

Flashaholic
Re: Olight M30 Triton

and nobody thinks its a copy of the Surefire E2DL regardless of how you spell it in Klingon??? For even more money than the E2DL :ohgeez:

err....:huh:

Other than 4 pointy area's on the tailcap, no, not even remotely.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast

and nobody thinks its a copy of the Surefire E2DL regardless of how you spell it in Klingon??? For even more money than the E2DL

A copy of the E2DL???

If you mean the Fenix TA30, I can agree, but the E2DL has no selection ring.

The M30 Triton could perhaps be a copy of a flashlight, who knows? Perhaps it's even better than a flashlight...

I brought an M30 Triton prototype to the CPF GTG at SHOT so some folks got to play with it a bit in January.

It's pretty unique; not sure how it's a copy of anything; all new, original UI, unique design, etc.

No offense, but to me it always seems Surefire fanatics are always a touch too sensitive about this subject in my opinion. No matter what others say, my stance will always be that it's all been done (for the most part) and that everything borrows something from others. Also, anything that sets the standards on something so to speak (like Surefire) will always be followed by others who emulate because they know it works well or sells. I think more people should simply take the stance that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...that's my 2 cents on that.

With that said, this flashlight looks cool. Man, I am going to be broke by the time I get out of this hobby!!! :eek:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

How is it possible to get the special version of the german forums?Anyone help?

Sign up to the Forum and post your interest in the hread which you should find without any problems by now...

The light with the engraving of the Forum is a unique run and there will be produced as many as there are pre-orders.

The light won't be unique though, it will be available without the special forum engravement and for another price of course.

You can post in english in that german forum without a problem, you will get an answer in english.

Greets,

Henk

Revierler

Newly Enlightened

As an admin of the forum in question I can only concur! Post away in English, we are pretty good at it... :D

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Where are the mid range P7 lights? We already have tons of $40-$60 DX/KD P7 lights, and now we have expensive, $150+ P7/MC-E lights. TK40, LM950, Megananolight, ACE, lumapower, M30, etc..

But I don't see many lights at the price range between 60 and $150...

RainerWahnsinn

Enlightened

These are the first Pictures made from Revierler. It is the M30 with our Forum-Logo. It´s a Prototype (sorry for the big size, I´m working on it)
olight_m30_triton_protsbym.jpg

olight_m30_triton_prot9bz3.jpg

olight_m30_triton_protrbl3.jpg

olight_m30_triton_prot4aqn.jpg

olight_m30_triton_prot5b1b.jpg

Last edited:

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
Nice, detailed pics! How is the beam profile? Doesn't look like it is is thrower, having such a shallow reflector...?

Thanks again. Maybe post some beamshots?

RainerWahnsinn

Enlightened
All the questions will be answered tomorrow. My Buddy Revierler ist testing it tonight very well. His Report will help Olight to make some last changings.

easilyled

Flashaholic

Where are the mid range P7 lights? We already have tons of $40-$60 DX/KD P7 lights, and now we have expensive, $150+ P7/MC-E lights. TK40, LM950, Megananolight, ACE, lumapower, M30, etc..

But I don't see many lights at the price range between 60 and $150...

I bought the Solarforce 950M (P7-DSX0I) for $75.99 and the quality is first rate.

Back to the thread now.

easilyled

Flashaholic
I really don't think the sharp teeth in the tailcap suits everyone.

They look like they can gouge fabric and also the anodising is going to wear quickly at the sharp points.

You can even see this in the picture above.

Seiko

Newly Enlightened
Looking forward to this light alot, but that head needs serious help. Hope they at least round the fins (think finned maglite head)

Thanks for the new pictures!

Latest posts