Target on the move again?

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Target doesn't seem to keep brands on the shelf very long with the exception of all that Eddie Bauer/(Coast) stuff in camping. I was in a Nyack NY Target this week and the pewter Mag's were discounted $2 below the normal sale price. And they were marked special price cut or whatever Target uses to indicate something is going the way of the dodo.

Target getting ready to shelf some more radical Mag colors maybe? Only the pewter units of all sizes were discounted. If I remember, they have a special color setup with Mag? Recall copper and jade.

I shall keep looking.

BlackDecker

Enlightened
The local Targets here in Okla have a good selection of various brands of lights; River Rock, Inova, Mag, Dorcy, etc. It's good to see a discounter like Target bring a larger variety to market. Wal-Mart is starting to get the hint.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
All of them were on sale and the pewter ones were $2 more discounted than the basic black units.

I like the selection at Target but they sometimes don't keep a model long. The Dorcy AAA AA 2AA 2C lights for example came and went pretty fast. When I went to pick up more, Poof! they were gone. Hopefully the River Rock brand stays around.

Variety is fine but a long term establishment of a brand will be key to wider acceptance in the market place. Even Mag in the Dark Ages (before Alkaline batteries were the norm) was a hard to find expensive specialty brand. It's construction quality and it's persistence made it the 800 pound gorilla it is today.