Cabela's XPG Xenon Flashlights?

ugrey

Enlightened
They seem to be a less expensive version of the Digilights. They have plastic lenses and the 12 volt has a 180 lumen lamp assembly instead of the 227 lumen "high pressure" lamp assembly of a Digilight T12. See my post "12 volt/4 battery flashlights" in the incadescent forum. Also do a search on Digilight. Paul in Maryland knows a good bit about these lights.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great find, SpongeBob. I was about to reply, "These are G&P's second-tier lights, the G series"--but then I checked them out. They're G&P's top-of-the-line T series.

And Cabella's XPG series includes great prices on the miniturbo heads (6V = $20, 9V = $23, 12V = $30). They're back-ordered on the $15 9V high-pressure lamps, suggesting to me that this lamp may be the very same lamps found in the Digilight T9. Those lamps, too, are backordered. I'm beginning to think that G&P requires that different vendors state different specs.

Both heads (tactical and miniturbo) almost certainly use a plastic lens. The tailcap appears to be a reverse clickie; Digilight gives you a smooth-feeling positive clickie.

But it's nice to have options. Just think: For $63, you can now buy a G&P T9 with two heads and two lamps!

Last edited:

Spongebob

Newly Enlightened
I have a couple lights with 65 lumen ratings so I was thinking of getting the 12v. I have never had a light with 180 lumens, its hard to even imagine that lol. But the knife is cool and I love freebies so I guess I will get one of each.

Thanks for all the input.