home depot husky issue

s.duff

Enlightened
i have had this spotlight for a while now, but it was packed up for several months and i only just recently uncovered it again. the thing is that the charger is mia, so im using another charger that fits and when i pulg it in, all three lights light up. i had it on the charger for about 12 hours, and when i unplugged and waited two minutes, i got almost nothing, the light barely came on and then faded away. im wondering if the charger isnt giving enough of a charge, or does it sound like the battery is shot? i know it says not to let the battery drain completely, but im wondering if since it sat for so long it died out and now wont hold a charge, or is it possible that the charger isnt feeding it enough power? any ideas? thanks

Flakey

Enlightened
bring it back to the home depot and tell them that the battery wont hold a charge and that you want to do an even exchange, if the person at the returns desk says no, say you want to talk to their manager. "It is defective it wont charge. i want a new one" that will work if you want to do it.

s.duff

Enlightened
yeah, i was thinking about that. i guess i wanted to make sure you guys thought that it was the battery and not the charger. also, i dont have the receipt, packaging, or the original charger, and i wasnt sure how that would go over.

Flakey

Enlightened
if you make a big enough fuss we will take back anything ... ERR i mean the home depot =P if you can proove that it is defective it shouldnt matter because husky will give the home depot their money back for the light, just be sure to say that you just want to do a direct exchange.

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
you have to open the light to see your battery is what volt, if it 6v and you charge it with 12v charger for 12h you kill your battery.
Just buy another spotlight at Wallmart, it's only about $15.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the $3 Horrible Freight rechargeable 12v spotlight... loaned it to a friend and he used the wrong charger on it. Burned a hole right through the battery casing!! So be reeeeal careful eh!