Inova T-series and X-series tailcaps?

Irongen

Newly Enlightened
Just a quick question for folks who are familiar with Inova products. I got what I think is a good deal on the X03 at Target the other day (was mispriced at 34 dollars, instead of 54 dollars as it should have been) and picked it up. Nice light, but I'm not impressed with the tailcap - I'd much rather have a clicky switch. Now, my questions: are the tailcaps on all the T series lights (particularly the T1, 2 and 3) the same cap/switch? And are these caps compatible with the X series lights? Basically, I'm curious if I can get my hands on a T1 and use the tailcap on the X03. My wife has a T2, but I don't want to canibalize her light, so I'd be willing to spring for a T1 if I could use that switch instead. Will this work?

Last edited:

Irongen

Newly Enlightened
Excellent! I saw the statement on the Inova website about voiding the warranty by switching tailcaps, and I was afraid that they may have made a tweak to the design to prevent one series from being used with the other. Glad to see that they didn't. Now to find me a cheap T1 somewhere! :rock:

thematrix

Newly Enlightened
Irongen, how did you get that price? My X03 scanned at $54, and that was the end of that - there wasn't anything to dispute. However the rack said $34 (but it was for a different Inova product), surely they wouldn't have price matched for me based on a misplaced product.

If yours scanned for $34, I'm going to the other two targets around here and checking to see if they have it listed cheaper in their database.

-TM

pilou

Enlightened
Irongen said:
Now to find me a cheap T1 somewhere! :rock:

Are you going to put the XO3 switch on that T1? If you are not going to do anything with the cannibalized T1, why not buy a T3 in the first place? You can get it from reputable places for low to mid $50s. I can't see anyone parting with a T1 for less than $15 :)

Illum

Flashaholic
pilou said:
Are you going to put the XO3 switch on that T1? If you are not going to do anything with the cannibalized T1, why not buy a T3 in the first place? You can get it from reputable places for low to mid $50s. I can't see anyone parting with a T1 for less than $15 :)

err...$15 is a bit....no actually, $15 is way below the typical price for a T1...I think i bought mine used for $35ish from arewethereyetdad

I still use my T1....quite a bit actually.

Irongen

Newly Enlightened
Irongen, how did you get that price? My X03 scanned at $54, and that was the end of that - there wasn't anything to dispute. However the rack said $34 (but it was for a different Inova product), surely they wouldn't have price matched for me based on a misplaced product.

If yours scanned for $34, I'm going to the other two targets around here and checking to see if they have it listed cheaper in their database.

The X03 is entered into their database at $54, and that's what it scanned at. However, they had also put price tags on the lights, and someone had put $34 on the X03. It was the last one they had, so I lucked out. They honored the lower price, plus gave me $5 additional for some reason (not that I'm complaining), and I had a $25 gift card from Christmas that I had to use. So, basically, in the end, I got the X03 for about 5 bucks.

After I went up to customer service, they went to check their remaining stock and make sure the prices were posted correctly. I'm sure all the other Targets have their lights priced normally. :(

And yes, after looking online I realize I'm probably not going to get a cheap T1, even used. I'm going to see if Inova will sell me a replacement T-series tailcap....I do actually have a T2 for my wife after all, and hey, they can get 'lost'......:sssh:

I use a T3 tailcap on an X03 without issues.

You have both lights? Why do you prefer the X03 over the T3?

Last edited:

pilou

Enlightened
Illum_the_nation said:
err...$15 is a bit....no actually, $15 is way below the typical price for a T1...I think i bought mine used for $35ish from arewethereyetdad

Won't be able to get it for less than $15 doesn't mean will be able to get it for $15 :laughing: At $15, he might be able to get a broken one with a salvageable switch. The point I was trying to make was that if the switch is that important, why not go for a T3 in the first place? Only if he can find a cheap switch somewhere does it make sense to keep the XO3.

Irongen

Newly Enlightened
Well, one day I probably will pick up a T3, but for now, as I explained above, I couldn't pass up an X03 for what basically worked out to 5 bucks. Even if I buy a spare cap or junked light with a salvagable switch, I don't think I'll end up paying as much as even a used T3 would run me. :naughty: