• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

PTS2 CREE XR-E kit, Cree XR-E LEDs.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Around the 18th when we get back we will be enabling the PTS2 heat sink that takes three Luxeon 3 stars or Cree Stars, three McR17XR reflectors in one kit form on the shoppe for the price of $48.00. The MCR17XR will be sold individually for $12.00.

Bundled package:

PTS2 C/D + 3 MCR17XR + 3 Cree on MCPCB = $18 + $10 * 3 + $6.50 * 3 =
$67.50 ( You save $7.50)

PTS2 + 3 MCR17XR = $48.00 (You save $6.00)

MCR17XR each $12.00

Cree on MCPCB (Round MCPCB) - $7.00 (Unbinned, but, probably P2-P4).

Price subject to change.

-Wayne

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
You need a quad setup though! i neeeeeed quad!!! No problem if it's with emitters...

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
A tri-cluster can be run off one Shark converter on standard Alkaline batteries (3X). A nice 3D or 3C Mag with regular alkalines should make for a nice mod.

Not sure if you can drive a full 1A all the time, but, 700mA is more likely a confortable configuration.

-Wayne

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice setup no doubt. I already have a tri-lux mag and want to go the next step, quad!! I guess I'll have to do more custom stuff and wait while others throw together their tri-setups with this nice kit!!

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
OOOoooo, I've been waiting for some XR-E reflectors. :rock:

-DF

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
excellent.... I've been wanting an arrival date for these reflectors :D

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
question,

we can fit 4 SO20XA reflector into a mag head, why only offer PTS for three CREE and also, why only MCR17XR reflector (I presume the 17 designates the diameter).
Would it be possible to fit 4 such reflectors into mag head? 4 is a even number, and seems more balanced :p

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
If someone had some spare PQS's, and used emitters, I don't see any reason why you couldn't use the 17mm reflectors in a quad config.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isaac, I suppose you are right. I am just wondering why there is no PQS2 :p

maybe they are in the process,,, just being impatient
now, if they just come up with a MCR20XR :D

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
When will these McR-17-XR show up in the Shoppe? I am looking for it for 2 days now and I don't see any changes. In 20 minutes it's the 21st of November here, while the first post states the 18th as release date... Please reserve 1 (one) McR-17-XR for me.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a bad week for us. We are still digging out from the backlog since we were gone last week. We can not control the flow of orders and releasing all new products at once would literally bury us. As such we plan on phasing out new products to not overwhelm our order processing. This week is also Thanksgiving and we plan on spending time with family and friends like everyone else. I will make a post here when things are available. Sorry, for this confusion and delay.

-Wayne