Going for an X990

D-Dog

Enlightened
Let me first explain my position. I already have multiple lights, the most powerful being my G&P scorpion r500. However, when I was operating it outside a building around two weeks ago, I wasn't the happiest with its output. Now, don't get me wrong, 500 lumens out of a light smaller than a 2D mag is great, however, I wanted more :rolleyes:. I decided that my next light MUST be an HID ... I immediatly loved the costco/harbor freight light, until I saw its size. Next I went for the amodotech illuminator, however it was still a little heavy (I don't like SLA) and I wanted an adjustable beam. Before I knew what I got myself into, I was reading reviews and like 250+ pages of discussion about the X990. Is Brightguy the best place to buy it @ $400 or does SUV Lights still have a few left over. Any help is appreciated :)

D-Dog

Enlightened
NAW said:
I think you will be happy. of course there are much brighter lights out there but they cost so much

Price considered, the X990 is probably the best light I can afford (though I doubt it will be my last :))

There are some real crazy lights out there, my favorite being the "Maxablaster", however, these tend to be specialty lights

Beast-flood
Maxablaster-spot

The X990 excells at both areas, however is master in none

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its a nice light.. they may be doing an upgrade very soon to LiIOn.. you might ask about it. Its a very nice light and the best light IMO for the money unless your willing to double your money.

You'll be quite impressed with the light output.