A better alternative to DSD for 17670/18650 charging?

Rookwood

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I've been using the Google search of the forums for locating a better charger than the DSD for 17670/18650 charging, but most of the hits were in threads that were orders for this charger.

Can anyone please recommend a reliable charger for the AW 17670/18650 batteries? My DSD died after charging 6 batteries.

Thanks
Chris

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
try this charger! www.e-lectronics.net ...Mark, a CPF member sells the yoho charger for $16...it's a much better quality unit....charges at 1 amp- so you cannot do the 123 types....only the larger 17500,18500,17670,18670....ect...

Independent circuits- you can charge one or two batterise, and different types at the same time. They recommend you only do protected batteries, which Mark also sells.

I've had mine for 2 months now...it's the best deal out there on a solid, fast charger....

Rookwood

Newly Enlightened
TooManyGizmos said:
Rookwood - I suggest you look into a Pila charger @ JBURLEYS

Some members say it is nice - and charges faster

Thanks - this one seems to be 3-4 times the price of the others, and Pila claims 'for Pila batteries only'.

Hmm. Maybe I should stick with primaries! :thinking:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rookwood said:
Thanks - this one seems to be 3-4 times the price of the others, and Pila claims 'for Pila batteries only'.

Hmm. Maybe I should stick with primaries! :thinking:

:grin2:...Rookwood ....Don't stick w/primaries ....... I think that Pila claim you mention is just for CYA reasons .

Contact JSBURLEY , who is a respected member and he created the Pro-tected Li Ion Batteries , and he sells the Pila chargers .

Contact him , and ask him about the Pila charger ....... B-4 you "stick with primaries". He might convince you other-wise .

You say your 1st charger died after 6 charges - ask him if the Pila will ??? Sometimes ya get what ya paid for

Regards ................... TMG/:grin2:

Last edited:

Rookwood

Newly Enlightened
I was kidding about the primaries, and am fully aware that the DSD was a cheap POS (but should've lasted more than 3 uses)

I can't seem to find the Burleys website - do you know the URL?

Thanks

Rookwood

Newly Enlightened
Thanks TooManyGizmos!

And I've got an email in to the dealer - the DSD is only about a month old. I've got way too much invested in 17670/18650 cells.

:thanks:

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Benighted,

The Wolf Eyes Charger is the same as the old version of the Pila charger and is only good for protected cells. If you charge unprotected cells in it, they will overcharge and could possibly rapidly vent with flames.

The new Pila ICB charger is a real Li-Ion charger that utilizes the CCCV charging algorithm, and shuts off at the end of the charge. I believe the DSD charger also uses CCCV, but it continues to trickle charge at the end of the charge. This is not recommended for Li-Ion cells.

Tom