Surefire M3 or U2

sylvain

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I know that these 2 lights(M3 and U2) are very different but if you had to chose between these lights, what would you chose? considering that i already have: E2L,A2,C2,L2...

2 weeks ago, i bought an M3 and i have now the opportunity to exchange it for a U2 if i want...i am just not shure about it...

Thanks

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I have both and i would choose the U2. Its more useful IMO unless your on a entry SWAT team. Especially if its the old version U2 that takes 18650's....

Size15's

Flashaholic
I'd keep the M3 and get the KT4 TurboHead Kit for it to be able to convert it to an M3T.
You'll then be convinced to get an A19 extender so you can run the MN60/MN61 lamps from four-SF123A batteries.
You'll then decide to get an M6 since it rocks.

So sell the M3 and get an M6. :grin2:

blahblahblah

Enlightened
I prefer a stock U2 over a stock M3. An M3 does provide more upgade paths as Al pointed out. Also consider upgrading the M3 with either a Milkyspit M180 mod or a KT4 and Led tower module.

I absolutely love my M180 KL3 head on the M3 body running 2x17500s. That combo gets quite a bit of use. However, in CPF fashion, that was not enough (is it ever?) so I have a M4 being bored and fitted with a M420 upgrade right now.

sylvain

Newly Enlightened
I use my lights most of the time for outdoor.Is the U2 better than my L2 for this? or am i better to keep my M3 that i will use with my L2? maybe i am better to keep my M3 if i have to deal with an animal or someone undesirable...

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
It's always handy to have more than one option...

Generally, if I am wearing a jacket, I will have one light with lower output, longer runtime, and one light with a high output, regardless of the short runtime.

Examples are: L1 and SF G2Z, SF 6P and M2 HOLA, C2/ KL3 and M2, C2/KL3 and M3 HOLA.

one light in each of the jacket hip pockets, so my hands are ready on the lights, when I have both hands in pockets. I really like the L1 (new type) for it's long runtime, I have 2 of these, one for arond the home, one for travelling, so I guess the same argument applies for the U2 in your case - low output for runtime, more output when you need it.

Size15's

Flashaholic
If I'm going to be spending time outdoors I'll carry an incandscent light in addition to my L2 which I EDC. Sometimes that's a G2Z with P61 lamp, or an A2, or an M3T, or an M6 depending on the application I'm expecting to encounter.

sylvain

Newly Enlightened
So i think that i am better to stick with my M3 or C2 used with my L2...I already wear my Princeton tec Apex.that will give me more options.

Is the U2 would be better than the L2 for that purpose?

he he sorry if i ask so much questions....