Can i remove the lanyard ring from my A2

chrisn1niq

Newly Enlightened
without breaking it? I got the Surefire A2 for xmas (almost fell over when I unwrapped it) and I love it. My only issue is that the eye hole portion of the lanyard ring gets hung up when I try and put it in a sheath. My G2 has the same problem but I can remove its ring easily by unscrewing the tailcap. The A2's setup looks more complex.

Chris

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
chrisn1niq said:
without breaking it? I got the Surefire A2 for xmas (almost fell over when I unwrapped it) and I love it. My only issue is that the eye hole portion of the lanyard ring gets hung up when I try and put it in a sheath. My G2 has the same problem but I can remove its ring easily by unscrewing the tailcap. The A2's setup looks more complex.

Chris
get a small knife and pry it up then gently pull and it should come undone unscaved.

have fun with your new light!

Chris201W

Enlightened
Do as benchmade_boy said, but also make sure that when you are inserting the knife of small screwdriver into the gap between the two pieces of plastic, you are prying up on the part without the actual lanyard hole. It helps to see what the two pieces look like when apart, so here's a picture:

CopyofIMG_3064.jpg

You can see how prying on the half with the hole won't do anything. You need to lift the section without the hole.