T-Minus less than 4 Months CPF - Shotshow 2003 GT

Lighthouse

Enlightened
Hi All,

Hmmm... not sure if this should be on a new thread or attached to the previous Shotshow 2003 and CPF Roll Call threads, moderators please relocate / bump / delete as appropriate-.

When lurking and following the threads during the summer, I was quietly was hoping that that I might be able to attend -barring family and work issues-. With family in Orlando, and being located in FL, travel arrangements would not be required in my case.

Thought about this today, and cruised around the Forum looking for updated info. Not finding anything quickly, I wondered if this had been kicked to a thread that I've missed somehow, or was 86'd, or perhaps I've been under a rock for too long.

Considering our very appropriate current pre-occupation and concern about Craig, it is entirely understandable that this may have been "back burnered".

In any event, it seemed that perhaps revisiting this topic was appropriate in light of Peter Gransee's original offer of support, and the behind the scenes efforts by Sasha and others.

No matter what the future may hold, it is likely that at least 2 CPF's might show, and a face to face meeting would be nice.

Your thoughts??

Best Regards,
LH

WaltH

Enlightened
The GT is still on. I'm still hoping Craig will be able to make it. It's possible his recovery will take a little longer though.
All are still welcome at my house after the show. I will finalize the date and time as we get closer.
Of course all this still hinges on Peter being able to get us into the show. I will check with him when he returns from vacation.

Lighthouse

Enlightened
WaltH,

Thanks for the update. Sure hope that Craig can make it. Likewise Peter and the show.

LH

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
could someone please supply a little more information on this show, time, place, history, them...etc. thank you.

Harrkev

Enlightened
Will there be some minimum requirement for the number of flashlights owned in order to be able to attend????

All I have is an Arc-AAA, an EternaLight, and an Attitude.

"Hello. My name is Kevin, and I am almost a flashholic"

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no minimum required but if you go to Walt's house, you might get a case of, er, flashlight envy.

Lighthouse

Enlightened
> Bump & Ramble / Muse Mode ON <

Clarification Statement:
Perhaps I've missed recent threads / conversations / chats etc. on the Shot Show in ORL. Or it could be that there simply have not been any further developments, in any event ... has anybody else heard anything more about this recently?

I've been wondering lately just where we are in the collective process of attending. If I've been under my rock too long >... but hey, we Flashaholics only come out when its dark right?< and missed any relevant threads, please point me in the right direction.

On the chance that this is still viable, I've put in a vacation leave request at work for the week of the show.

>smile< Now for the hard part, the next step is to convince the boss of the household that we really need to attend a "family function" in Orlando that weekend. Dunno what her reaction would be to my stating that I wanted to attend a "Flashoholic Convention".
grin.gif

Seriously though...

1. Do we have any idea of how many CPF'rs are likely to attend?

2. Is it still possible to obtain passes?

3. IRC we'll need to speak with Gransee(?) on this. It also seems to me that there was some mention of needing to have certain passes lined up well in advance ... 2 months???

4. Will the # of potential attendees cause him any grief?

5. Presuming that I can obtain a pass, I'd like to attend the CPF gathering.

6. Cost & scheduling updates??

WaltH: Presuming that the planets all line up in CPF's favor, I'd be happy to take up your offer to "help scare your neighbors".

Man! I can only imagine what my neighbors would think to see a bunch of "grownups???" running around the property with 12 sources of illumination per person... really hope yours are seriously tolerant of such "light headed" antics.
grin.gif

> Bump & Ramble / Muse Mode OFF <

Regards,
LH

ps Know that it's now looking like more of a long shot, but still hoping Craig is able to make it.

Harrkev

Enlightened
Originally posted by Lighthouse:
> Bump & Ramble / Muse Mode ON <

On the chance that this is still viable, I've put in a vacation leave request at work for the week of the show.

>smile< Now for the hard part, the next step is to convince the boss of the household that we really need to attend a "family function" in Orlando that weekend. Dunno what her reaction would be to my stating that I wanted to attend a "Flashoholic Convention".
grin.gif

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">All you have to do is to be sure to add a few extra days to see the tourist stuff there.....

EPCOT is one of the best for adults who do not need to ride huge roller-coasters, and the mexican restaurant is very romantic. If you have ankle-biters, there is PLENTY of stuff for them. You can even take the family to the world's largest McDonalds for the cost of a couple of happy meals!

In short, if you have money, there is plenty of stuff to do in Orlando to keep you and your wife happy.

Eric_M

Enlightened
I'll be there,

My in-laws have a time share in Kissimmee and we'll be there the weekend of the show.

This will be my first SHOT Show.

Eric