Arc AAA saves my butt! (now about Arcs in the shower and cows)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at Brant lake in the Adirondacks this weekend, and I took a stroll along the lake shoreline behind some houses. I couldn't see very well at all, so I reached for my Arc on my keychain.

As soon as I turned it on, I realized I was about 1 foot away from walking straight off of a 5 foot stone wall.
shocked.gif
I barely managed to stop in time. If I didn't have the Arc, I could have easily sprained my ankle, broken my leg, or at least gotten really scraped up.

Yes, I know, I should have had a flashlight. But it was just a few minutes of strolling behind some houses. I had probably almost half a dozen lights in the car, but I didn't think I would need them.

Thanks be to Peter and the Arc AAA. Now I always have a flashlight on me no matter what. I would not be surprised if one of these days someone's life is saved by one of these little wonders.
icon14.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
>I would not be surprised if one of these days someone's life is saved by one of these little wonders.

Maybe your's was saved! A 5' fall can do some damage, well the landing part at least!

Saaby

Flashaholic
>Yes, I know, I should have had a flashlight.

Ah, but you did...and that's the beauty of it.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
And that is the kind of account I like to hear. This is exactly why we try to make lights small enough to be there when you need them.

This made my day Lux Luthor!

smile.gif

Peter

KenBar

Enlightened
On a much less elegant story...the Arc saves my life nightly!
I wear the Arc around my neck.
I live in a house with 3 women.
My wife and 2 daughters threaten me with death if I ever miss.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by KenBar:
On a much less elegant story...the Arc saves my life nightly!
I wear the Arc around my neck.
I live in a house with 3 women.
My wife and 2 daughters threaten me with death if I ever miss.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Helpful Hint From Heloise...

If your battery ever goes dead on one of your trips, just sit down!

grin.gif
rolleyes.gif
grin.gif

RY3

Enlightened
I won't miss...but can't help with the splash!!
grin.gif

Someone posted this a while back.
icon15.gif

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Gransee:
And that is the kind of account I like to hear. This is exactly why we try to make lights small enough to be there when you need them.

This made my day Lux Luthor!

smile.gif

Peter
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Glad to hear it, Peter. It's one fine little light you've got there. I'd say it's one of VERY few lights I own, that I'm satisfied with just the way it is.

Tomas

Banned
Heh. Another "minor" save:

My Arc AAA lives on a lightweight stainless steel chain around my neck, and a few months ago the power went out while I was showering.

The bathroom in my apartment is an interior room with no windows, off a hall with no windows, and gets dark as the inside of a cow when the lights go out.

I simply reached down and twisted the Arc AAA on and continued my shower. By the time power returned I'd finished my shower, dried off and dressed.

Without the Arc AAA even just finding my way out of the bathroom would have been hazardous.

Thank YOU, Peter.

Saaby

Flashaholic
"I simply reached down and twisted the Arc AAA on and continued my shower."
shocked.gif
wink.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

fd2fd6fc.jpg

Since getting my AAA it is now my EDC and my solitaire has been relegated to obscurity.
smile.gif
(Just trying to justify my new dig. cam.
grin.gif
)

T-Rex

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by darell:
Ya know... here in Davis we have fistulated cows. I'll bet it isn't all that dark in there with the fistulator open.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Why do I not like that visual?

"Gee, I wonder what's inside of this cow's digestive system"?

JackBlades

Enlightened
Originally posted by Tomas:
My Arc AAA lives on a lightweight stainless steel chain around my neck, and a few months ago the power went out while I was showering.
I simply reached down and twisted the Arc AAA on and continued my shower.
Thank YOU, Peter.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You wear a flashlight in the shower??
confused.gif

Wow, I really am among some true flashaholics...
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Glad someone else mentioned it first.
I often turn out the lights in the bathroom, switch on one of the Arc AAAs, and hang it from the shampoo caddy that hangs from the shower fixture. The colored lighting is really cool in the steam. Gonna have to try it with a UV model when I get one.
OK, OK... I am easily entertained and need a life.
smile.gif

It's fun, though. You can do things with an Arc AAA that I wouldn't try with other lights. After reading Darell's "Mr. Science freezes an Arc AAA", I tried it with a turquoise. Again, pretty dang cool.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Originally posted by virgo:
Glad someone else mentioned it first.
I often turn out the lights in the bathroom, switch on one of the Arc AAAs, and hang it from the shampoo caddy that hangs from the shower fixture. The colored lighting is really cool in the steam. Gonna have to try it with a UV model when I get one.
OK, OK... I am easily entertained and need a life.
smile.gif

It's fun, though. You can do things with an Arc AAA that I wouldn't try with other lights. After reading Darell's "Mr. Science freezes an Arc AAA", I tried it with a turquoise. Again, pretty dang cool.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">My AAA has also been in the shower. I like to shine it up towards the head and look at the celing of the shower--water stream makes cool shadows.

"Gee, I wonder what's inside of this cow's digestive system"?

Mr.Science want a new project
tongue.gif
nevermind--on second thought, I'm not going there
icon15.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Only here at CPF could we get so far off topic.
;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.