P2D have orange-peel reflector?

Achilleus

Newly Enlightened
I can't see from the web site, does the Fenix P2D have orange-peel reflector, or the smooth type? I recently bought the bigger P3D and it's just the perfect light, and it has the textured reflector, very nice indeed.

Thanks!

Dean

krevo

Newly Enlightened
I ordered the hard anodized P2D-CE w/ texture (according to the fenix-store.com description) and mine sure as hell doesn't look orange peeled like a surefire reflector does.

Should I bother returning it, or does the reflector not make much difference?

Mad1

Enlightened
The L1D CE, L2D CE, P1 CE, P1D CE, P2D CE, P3D CE, all come with either orange peel or smooth reflectors.

Mad1

Enlightened
I ordered the hard anodized P2D-CE w/ texture (according to the fenix-store.com description) and mine sure as hell doesn't look orange peeled like a surefire reflector does.

Should I bother returning it, or does the reflector not make much difference?

There is different levels of "stippling" The surefire ones are probably medium and fenix looks to be light/medium.

I wouldnt worry about it, the P2D CE is a great light.

Achilleus

Newly Enlightened
Dammit I thought the textured finish was the casing, not the refrelctor! Thanks for putting me right.

-Dean

krevo

Newly Enlightened
Then mine is definitely the smooth reflector. It's bright as hell though, and it was 50 bucks with the CPF discount and free shipping! No problems here. :thumbsup:

Mad1

Enlightened
Then mine is definitely the smooth reflector. It's bright as hell though, and it was 50 bucks with the CPF discount and free shipping! No problems here. :thumbsup:

Here is a picture of what the orange peel looks like on my P2D CD

DSCN0993-Small.JPG

Achilleus

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the pic, Mad1! Not one bloody pic on google showed the reflector when I searched for Fenix P2D!

Mad1

Enlightened
Thanks for the pic, Mad1! Not one bloody pic on google showed the reflector when I searched for Fenix P2D!

Like I say it's an option some models come with smooth others with orange peel it's quite a new option so google images will probably have smooth only.