RCR123A and Fenix digitals - does this combo work well?

Achilleus

Newly Enlightened
For Fenix users (such as P3D and P2D, etc) - do you like the RCR123A batteries? If you've ready my other thread, I found it quite frustrating that the regular CR123As end up being quite annoying near the end of their life, so I was considering getting some of the rechargeables (it appears that the lumen/time profile cuts off more or less immediately for these).

Also any feedback on the 750 vs. 900 mAH would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Dean

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
For Fenix users (such as P3D and P2D, etc) - do you like the RCR123A batteries? If you've ready my other thread, I found it quite frustrating that the regular CR123As end up being quite annoying near the end of their life, so I was considering getting some of the rechargeables (it appears that the lumen/time profile cuts off more or less immediately for these).

Cheers!

Dean

There isn't any real difference between 600mAh, 750mAh, 880Mah, 900mAh or 1000mAh, these are inflated or theoretical figures. All quality RCR 3.6V batteries deliver around 550mAh, more or less.

decerebrated

Newly Enlightened
A newbie here.

I recently tried the RCR123A in a PD2 and found that the modes didn't work when the the voltage was too high. I had bought the Nano charger and RCR123A battery from Fenix to use in the PD2. When I enquired about this the reply was to quote Gary from the Fenix-store " The battery can be at most 3v in order to have all the modes work properly."
So if you want the various modes to work as turbo isn't required most of the time, just use the standard 3.0v battery.
Fenix will be adding this info to the product description sometime

Cheers

Geoff

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
A newbie here.

I recently tried the RCR123A in a PD2 and found that the modes didn't work when the the voltage was too high. I had bought the Nano charger and RCR123A battery from Fenix to use in the PD2. When I enquired about this the reply was to quote Gary from the Fenix-store " The battery can be at most 3v in order to have all the modes work properly."
So if you want the various modes to work as turbo isn't required most of the time, just use the standard 3.0v battery.
Fenix will be adding this info to the product description sometime

Cheers

Geoff
The P3D's circuitry is different from the P2D. The P3D can handle up to 8.4V, so it will keep all the modes working as if you were using 3V primaries.

Spypro

Enlightened
I'm using AW's RCR123A with no problems at all.
All the modes are working well.
I do check the voltage of the battery to be sure that the voltage does not exceed the maximum that the P3D can handle.

Achilleus

Newly Enlightened
Spypro - do you check each set of new batteries, whenever you recharge them? Can it really get above 8.4V?

Spypro

Enlightened
I check each battery with a multimeter after about an hour after they are out of the charger. I want to be sure that they will not exceed the maximum the P3D can handle. Just a precaution not to break my little new friend :)
When the battery come off the charger they are both at ~4.2 volt.

Windscale

Enlightened
I now run my P3D CE on 1x 17670. All the modes work fine. And I am getting the same brightness as with 2x RCR123As (3.7v).