How many gadgets can you guess in this pic?

bigcozy

Enlightened

ab

Enlightened
Serengeti sunglasses case, spiral bound notebook

Why are we doing this again? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A.

bigcozy

Enlightened
North Face Exocet backpack
Serengetti case with glasses (hers)
Gargoyles Moto's on dash (mine)
Nite Ize holster with:
SF E2 GM
Fisher pen
Leatherman Supertool
Nokia phone
Luminox NATO watch
Keys in ignition have glow ring
North Face fanny pack

Thought you guys might find my EDC interesting, but apparently not. In the fanny pack there is:

Heckler & Koch USP40c
Steiner monocular
Windmill Delta
Te Amo Robusto Maduro (2)
2 Chem light sticks
Etrex GPS

ygbsm

Enlightened
No knives in your first line gear? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif And just one flashlight? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Just kidding.:D Sounds like some nice stuff. How do you like that USP40c?

bigcozy

Enlightened
Oh yeah, LOTS of knives in my gear. Clipped in my pocket was any one of my knives. I trade constantly so I never have the same thing for very long. Right now I have a Spyderco Co pilot on a lanyard linked to my Arc AAA clipped in my jeans. I think when this pic was taken I was carrying a MOD Tempest, which I still have. Sometimes I carry a fixed blade in the fanny pack, usually a Greco Companion Cub. There is also a PT LED photon size on my keyring, so that was two lights!

I like the USP, but....for concealed carry I find it a little large. It is as fine a handgun as is made IMHO, but a CCW gun seems to grow and get heavier the more you carry it. The problem for me is that the gun is a little thick, a problem I also have with Glocks, which I have two of (G19, G27). Right now, I am carrying a Kahr K9 which is about the right size in every way but is as heavy as a boat anchor. I am going to try to get one of the vaunted (and expensive) Kahr PM9's when they become more widely available. I would have no problem betting my life ont he H&K and if I would lose some weight I could probably carry it much better, but I am not holding my breath.

ygbsm

Enlightened
Good to hear you're fully equipped. How do you like the Kahr for reliability?

bigcozy

Enlightened
They have a reputation for being tight when new, mine was like that. The manual reccomends a minimum of 200 rounds to break in. I actually like the trigger and mine is not an Elite, takes a little while to get used to, very little stacking just goes boom when you don't expect it. It stovepiped twice when I first got it, but hasn't hiccuped since. I don't get to shoot much anymore, so I don't have any long term report. Most of the gripes that I think or actually true had more to do with cosmetics and tooling marks. IMHO the recoil spring is a little stiff, so I shoot pretty hot loads through it. One good thing about the weight is it very easy to follow up for the next shot. Like I said, it is just too heavy for its size, but built like a tank.