Longest runtime with a good 100+ lumen high setting

kilgor

Enlightened
I want an EDC with a very long run time on the lowest setting, but with the ability to have a decent beam on the high (or turbo) setting.

The Fenix P3D Q5 is the best I've found thus far.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix P3D Q5 is pretty hard to beat. Around 200 lumens of light on Turbo, and long run times on low, all in a small package. Feinx-store sells custom body tubes that let you run on 3 CR123's which would give you even more run time, but the light would be larger and longer.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the Fenix T1 would also satisfy your requirements. And the Lumapowers usually pay good attention to runtime, so M1-R, MRV, will work too - especially with 18650 rechargeables.

kilgor

Enlightened
First a few questions:

Size?
Price?
Batteries?

The Olight T20(brighter Q5 version, both slightly bigger then the Fenix) is also an option. The Dereelight CL1H would be bigger but easy to upgrade(and has more throw and output).

:welcome:

Size: 11.5 cm X 2 cm max preferred size

Price: Negotiable, <$100 is preferred

Batteries: I don't care as long as they fit in the size requirements; I will use one of the various rechargeable batteries if needed.

That Q5 Olight T20 looks VERY interesting. It's about 1 cm too long, but I could work around that. It looks like it could tail stand, is that right?

Is that 100 hour / 10 lumen runtime for real? Wow! :party: I'm going to have to look up some reviews on this one.

Thanks for the welcome! :thumbsup:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Reverse, I'm not sure about the runtime on low but it should last a few days(2-3 probably).

The Dereelight has a forward clickie.

Last edited:

medicmerlynn

Newly Enlightened
kilgor, you should seriously consider the fenix p3d q5.... the thing is a beast. the levels are awesome, *about* 65 hours on low (~12 lumens), 13 hours on med (~53 lumens), 4 hours on high (~120 lumens), and about 1.8 hours on turbo (~215 lumens)... this light is flawless. the high level is probably all you'll really need for anything, unless you are looking to blind people.... then the turbo will do just fine! :) good luck on finding your light!