Filkergem has passed away

Greta

Flashaholic
I received an email this morning from the wife of one of our members. She wanted me to let you all know that her husband, Filkergem (Greg), passed away on 1/26/08 in a fire in their home. She said that she knew he corresponded with some of you on a regular basis and she didn't want you all to think that he was just ignoring you now.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Greg's family... and I'm sure I speak for everyone who had the pleasure of knowing him here on CPF... he will be missed... :(

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Indeed sad news. The notification is appreciated...positive thoughts & prayers to family & friends!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I never corresponded with this gentleman, but I'm just as sad re: death in the CPF family as I would be had it been somebody I knew.
Allow me to offer my deepest condolences to his family & friends. :candle:

paulr

Flashaholic
Ouch, this is painful. The fire apparently started from tea candles being left burning inside the house. Everything is completely destroyed. Greg's family is accepting donations of funds and various supplies, to help get through the situation. PM me if you want further info.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I somehow missed this thread. Even though we never crossed paths, it saddens me every time one of our fellow hobbyists leaves the planet. My sincerest condolences to Filkergem's family.