Amazon has me spoiled

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I bought Mrs Fixer some sunglasses at a physical store yesterday. When she mentioned her glasses slide off at work a lot I gave her an adjustable neck lanyard. We had left the store and gone back home when she mentioned it. I gave her my favorite one. Ok, but I need another one.

A look on the web yeilded Amazon had a seller who sold packs of 10 of the same kind for not much more than I paid for the one.... so instead of $5 each for the name brand one I got 'em for about 75 cents each....shipped.... in three days. That's just hard to beat.

I have neighbors who work from home and have to jump start their car whenever they go to use it because they have everything delivered. Amazon, UPS, Fed Ex etc stop at their house every day.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
What is a fire wrench? I looked it up and mostly saw wrenches for fire hydrants.
Most likely heating a part with a torch flame, (non-flashlight) then applying force to move the part.
Ah yes the torque continuum...

1686528092060.png

Bradbn4

Newly Enlightened
Depending on what you are hunting for; Amazon can be a good buy. However; some items I do avoid, or at least make sure that the counterfeit items won't be an issue.

I don't think I have bought much if any flashlight items from Amazon. I pretty much use the vendors referenced here on this site for that sort of thing.

On a few select items I spot on Amazon, I check to see if the vendor has their own site and I have saved money by going direct on the buy. Even if that order comes from overseas.