help me buy a home

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i dont know how i tried google dad died so i have no help . i dont want to buy a home and get scammed i want to live far a way from a a city i dont care how small the home is. it can be ugly buy it must havve strong walls and roof. i must own the land it can be in any state

Start by finding a realtor you think is trustworthy. Ask for references. Lots of them, and follow up. Purchasing a home is almost always the largest investment a person makes and therefore should not be entered into haphazardly.

Start your online search using a phrase such as "rural property brokers united states". Then take it from there to identify a realtor you feel comfortable working with. Check them out, and follow your lender's guidance concerning reputable brokers.

Brokenarrow

Newly Enlightened
Speak with a few Realtors that work in the area you are interested in. It will cost you nothing and a good, experienced broker will educate you about the process and show you what is available now and in the near future.
20+ years in the business- PM if you would like and I can answer questions although the process varies by state.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
the worst part is ill find a mobile home i like and the dang thing dont have the land its on lol. im not picky at all i trully can live in a 150 square feet home

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look for assumable VA or FHA loans on property. Some of these are repos, and sometimes the previous occupant will trash the house since they are losing it, which makes it hard for realtors to sell, but if you can deal with it, you might be able to assume an already established federal loan, which is easier to qualify for. The main thing is to figure out what area you want to live in (cost of living and climate, crime, resources vary a lot) and then contact a realtor to search MLS (Multiple Listing Service) for what you want. Best to have a realtor with a GRI designation--they have a lot of real estate education. I'm not in the business, but my father worked in real estate for a broker for awhile, and studied for his GRI. He got discouraged and dropped out of real estate though.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ty everyone btw ill even be happy with a tent but i need electricity im a gadget hound

raggie33

*the raggedier*
also im looking at land both homes and land how do i make sure i own them?

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will get a deed to the property from the seller, a legal document stating that you own it. And you will also get title insurance, which protects your investment. These are both standard in every real estate transaction.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you need electric, buy a house that has working electric hooked up. if a house in a rural area doesn't have electricity, it's probably going to be expensive to get it hooked up and working.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
the worst part is ill find a mobile home i like and the dang thing dont have the land its on lol. im not picky at all i trully can live in a 150 square feet home
That's actually SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) with mobile homes. Even the nicer trailer park communities. Everyone owns their own homes, but someone else owns all the land. Often times some sort of corporation. Own your own home, but still pay rent every month. Even freakier.... they can raise rent prices as high as they want. Translation: Own your own home, but still get evicted.

I think you'd be better off finding a small plot of land for sale, first by checking online. Then looking into perhaps putting a Tiny House on the property. But before reaching for your wallet, find an attorney online who specializes in property rights; and comes with plenty of references. Specifically, one who works in the particular state you've chosen to live in. This is important as laws vary to an extreme degree state-to-state. Especially if you buy land first, and plan to build on it. Some states severely restrict what you can build on land in certain areas. Imagine that.... Owning your own land, but not being able to build a house on it.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
For maximum freedom, buy land well away from any municipality, because cities and towns have all kinds of ordinances and taxes, and can be restrictive like an an HOA. They also expand their city limits and forcibly annex land.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
There doesn't seem to be a well, so all water will have to be purchased at retail and trucked in. There are no utilities such as sewer that I could see, so you would have to install a sanitary septic system for sewage, and there is no power other than the generator and solar, which you can't depend on either, as mechanical things break down or run out of fuel, and the sun doesn't always shine due to clouds. As there are two roads through the lot, you will likely have to pay taxes on both of them. It is a desert area, so you likely won't be able to grow food. It appears to be out in the middle of nowhere, so does it have cell service? Yeah, I see a lot of problems with it, and I wouldn't touch it, but then I don't live in a desert, and maybe others would see it with different eyes. It isn't a viable place to live permanently, IMO.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not much in terms of heat/cooling. You would probably need solar for electricity, and if there's no cell service, you won't have internet. Hauling water and 20 lb propane tanks on a bike won't be fun. You will probably need an outhouse if you don't have a truck to pull the trailer to get pumped out.

Prolly no HOA though.