Fenix TK10--I opened the head

e2x2e

Enlightened
I have a TK10, and I was playing with it when I noticed it wouldn't go back into 'general' mode. I kept loosening the head until it came off, and to my surprise I saw the LED! The LED pill(I think that is what it is) was tight in the flashlight body, but I got it loose eventually.

So, what do I do? I guess the light won't work properly if the head isn't tight because when I change modes I'll open and close the head instead of loosening and tightening it on the body?

Suggestions? 4Sevens?

Marduke

Flashaholic
Some units made it out without loctite. If you are really worried about it, a little super glue or loctite will fix it, or you could also sell your light for a small profit in the MP since it's easily modable.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I were you and you plan to loctite it anyway, buy a new one and sell that- people will pay more than a standard TK10 because that means you can upgrade the LED down the line.

KuoH

Newly Enlightened
I would probably avoid Krazy glue and all other adhesives of that type. My personal experience has been that when sealed in, the vapors tend to permanently fog up things in places that you don't want to fog up.

KuoH

Edit: I'm gonna loctite it up. Actually KRAZY glue it.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol thanks for the pics, however when i went to the link i was greeted with an advert on the right side which had a skantily clothed teen in only a red shirt with the slogan "with a shirt like this, who needs pants." just as someone came in the room :faint:

I have heard many of the tk10's have been having issues due to lack of quality control at the vendors point. But hopefully that was localized to a batch or something maybe, lets hope its all better now.

mchlwise

Enlightened
lol thanks for the pics, however when i went to the link i was greeted with an advert on the right side which had a skantily clothed teen in only a red shirt with the slogan "with a shirt like this, who needs pants." just as someone came in the room :faint:

FireFox browser with the AdBlock extension is your friend. :thumbsup:

Definitely sell it at a profit and buy another.

Fenix has made a quiet announcement about the lack of locktite in a few heads. They call it a bug, but plenty of people around here will call it a feature and pay extra for it.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
FireFox browser with the AdBlock extension is your friend. :thumbsup:

Definitely sell it at a profit and buy another.

Fenix has made a quiet announcement about the lack of locktite in a few heads. They call it a bug, but plenty of people around here will call it a feature and pay extra for it.

Yes many modders would kill for the ability to not need to freeze or boil in the bag to open the head!

btw i use opera browser it does not block ads, but i dont have any spyware issues ever, so im happy :D

As far as i am aware my tk10 is sealed. however i wish fenix would supply the 2 prong tool to remove the tail cap, how are you supposed to change the tail cap if you have nothing to open the tail up with?!?!

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lock-Tite makes a less permanent type of thread adhesive you could use. It holds well enough but it is meant for seals that later could be broken without a great deal of effort.

e2x2e

Enlightened
EEK...too late it's been Krazy glued. So far not adverse effects. I should've waited. As for selling it and buying a new one-too much hassle and mine is already "broken in".

EDIT: Sorry about the ad :)

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
is it too late to unscrew the head? lol...
the pill on mine can come of, but i tighten it enough that its not a problem for me

Crenshaw

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as i am aware my tk10 is sealed. however i wish fenix would supply the 2 prong tool to remove the tail cap, how are you supposed to change the tail cap if you have nothing to open the tail up with?!?!

If it's anything like the other fenix lights/most tailcaps are, then you need a pair of needle nosed pliers/circlip pliers from a hardware store to sort it out.

Customerservice@4sevens

Newly Enlightened
^^ Jarl knows what's up ;)

e2x2e, it looks like you've got the issue resolved, but if you do have any further issues, please send us an email and we will gladly take care of you. :)

-Matt