What's next for camping trip in big sur...

uspc_e2

Newly Enlightened
Hi all...first post here. I recently bought E2D, 6P, C2 and P61 lamp since I can use the lamp on both C2 and 6P. Is there anything else I should be looking for in particular for camping trip at big sur that's coming up or the ones I have should be enough outdoor in the woods? I don't think it's going to be foggy since it's going to be in the summer. I'm telling you...this is becoming an addiction in a way. It's not healthy b/c there are so pricey. :(

Gunner12

Flashaholic
A LED drop-in for the C2 and/or 6P. More output and more runtime then the P61(well, most have more output, the ones that are dimmer have at least 2 hours runtime). The main difference is the color rendering and color temperature of the LEDs. The LEDs might make things seem flat if you are used to incans.

Maybe also a multimode AA powered light so you can run it off of common batteries and have the choice of lower modes for more runtime.

Maybe a good thrower would also be fun.

:welcome:

uspc_e2

Newly Enlightened
I know you mean flashlight related items, but in case you don't already
have one, I always bring a windproof butane lighter. Hey, you never know!

No I meant another surefire that will do a better job and that won't break my wallet :nana:

uspc_e2

Newly Enlightened
A LED drop-in for the C2 and/or 6P. More output and more runtime then the P61(well, most have more output, the ones that are dimmer have at least 2 hours runtime). The main difference is the color rendering and color temperature of the LEDs. The LEDs might make things seem flat if you are used to incans.

Maybe also a multimode AA powered light so you can run it off of common batteries and have the choice of lower modes for more runtime.

Maybe a good thrower would also be fun.

:welcome:

Thanks! Bookmarked it.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a Cree Q5 or R2 drop-in for the 6P and a continuously variable switch to adjust the brightness. (Look at the bottom of Lighthound.com webpage for Uniq) R2 drop-ins available for 6P for $20-$25.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!

Get a MN02 lamp for your E2d. You need a lower power option. Maybe a Arc AAA? You camping at Pfieffer or Ventana? A good headlamp is in order. I like the the Petzl Tikka+.

Big Sur rocks, enjoy!

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
OP - I love Big Sur. I'm so envious at your camping trip. Have fun and report back on your trip and lights!!!

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a Cree Q5 or R2 drop-in for the 6P and a continuously variable switch to adjust the brightness. (Look at the bottom of Lighthound.com webpage for Uniq) R2 drop-ins available for 6P for $20-$25.

Have you tried this switch? Or anyone for that matter?

uspc_e2

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to CPF!

Get a MN02 lamp for your E2d. You need a lower power option. Maybe a Arc AAA? You camping at Pfieffer or Ventana? A good headlamp is in order. I like the the Petzl Tikka+.

Big Sur rocks, enjoy!

We are going to be at pfieffer. We do it every year. It's going to be fun I can see it already:). Im going to place an order for mn02 lamp and cree (on ebay) tonight.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
You need something with long runtime. 10 lumens is plenty of light in the woods for 90% of the tasks. Maybe a fenix E01 might be a good choice. Definitely bring a headlamp. I have spent a lot nights in the woods, with one small Arc AAA and a Tikka XP headlamp. If you have the money, consider a Surefire Aviator A2 (but you will still need something long running).

uspc_e2

Newly Enlightened
It's not LED. It's CREE R2 for $15 plus shipping. Does that seem like a good deal?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
LED stands for Light Emitting Diode.

Cree is a company that produces a model of LEDs called the Cree XR-E LEDs, part of the current gen of LEDs.

This one
is $14 shipped. Shipping will take 2 weeks though.

$15 does sound like a good deal though if it was shipped faster.

uspc_e2

Newly Enlightened
LED stands for Light Emitting Diode.

Cree is a company that produces a model of LEDs called the Cree XR-E LEDs, part of the current gen of LEDs.

This one
is $14 shipped. Shipping will take 2 weeks though.

$15 does sound like a good deal though if it was shipped faster.

Is that a straight drop-in to C2 or 6P? Or is there any conversion i must buy?I read the review on the page and some said they had to tweak it a little bit on their 6p.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
All P60 style drop-ins should drop right in. Some will leave a bit of a gap between the head and body but that is only a cosmetic thing.

Though some P60 style drop-ins need you to remove the outer spring to work correctly. There should be any major changes needed.