WHATS YOUR IDEAL LIGHT?

customlight

Newly Enlightened
If someone would sit down with you and help you design the perfect light for you what would the specifications be.

Diameter
Length
Weight
Color
Lumens
Throw
Power Source

Take all into consideration.

My perfect light would be about 8" long, 2 1/4" diameter not to heavy about 1 pound, flat Grey in color with 3Xssc P7 emitters, would be able to throw for miles and be powered by some 18650's. That is my ideal light. There are so many lights out there now, it would be awesome if there were made to order lights don't ya think.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Polished Iridium 4mm thick tube holding 6 Lithium ion F cells powering a 1000 watt HID custom par 46 sapphire bulb built for throw with a .5 degree beam though still with the 180 degree side spill. "with spare back up bulbs". The thing would look like my 10 D sportsmen RayOvac, "except of course for being 4mm thick mirrored polished Iridium." while being waterproof to 1000 feet. Oh and with a spider silk carrying strap. Couldn't ask for much more than that "which can at least be built today:whistle:."

yankeefist

Newly Enlightened
Diameter = cigarette
Length = 2 inches
Weight = neutral buoyancy at 1500 ft above sea level
Color = transparent
Lumens = on low, about 100 - on high, it melts steel at a few feet and can kill and cook a deer at 200 yards
Throw = can be used to reverse the effects of a lunar eclipse
Power Source = cold fusion pill, fully enclosed white dwarf, the tip off ET's finger, whatever

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have plans for mine, and parts on the way to build it. 1x 18650, 2-modes, 150mA and 1050mA, Cree warm white emitter, 6˚ optic, all fitting in a piece of 3/4in copper pipe.

kts

Enlightened
My perfect lights are the Fenix L2D and P2D Q5, brighter than almost anything else in that size, and I have never had ANY issues with my Fenix lights.

If I need more light I usually grab my Magcharger.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
This would be my perfect light:

HAIII hard anodized aluminum in black with some knurling (think E1E/E1L)
3.50" - 4.00" in length
1.00" or less diameter
2.0 oz. weight
1x CR123A primary
Surefire TIR optics (mostly throw with some side spill)
Infinitely variable from 0.5 to 500 lumens (out the front) via tight bezel twist (kinda Titan like)
Forward click tailcap
Double o-ring sealed

I really don't think that technology is too far off from this being a reality. This light would be sweet! :devil:

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
a Nautilus with a smoother, whiter beam (same lumens and runtimes) and a very short/small forward clicky on the end, still tailstand-able.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 .... i gave my wife my P2D Q5 when i got the D10
Sounds like you won't be able to go back to your P2D, much like I won't be able to go back to my L1D for my EDC carry any more.

These lights have spoiled me so badly. :whistle:

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Superflashlight III, running 1x18650, 3xP7's (I know they won't fit, but can dream can't I?), bracelet-style trit ring embedded into tailcap and flush with body, 2 modes (off & watch out!!!), pistondrive switch, submersible to ???feet, yeah that's about it. Wish I could find one of these bodies, anyone got one for sale???

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Juggernaut has the best combo thus far :) . In today's field of choices, it has to be the Polarion CSWL. It just has to be...

Gatsby

Enlightened
I'm a bit of a broken record on this one:

Size and appearance of the Nitecore D10/EX10 with a stainless/ti bezel and a removable ti clip (sure do like the Bitz appearance as well - but simple knurled body).

UI and feature set (thermal, battery protection, etc...) of Novatac/HDS - 3 or 4 levels

Beam - balanced smooth spot/spill of the Novatac/HDS

Clickie switch - Novatac design or PD.

Runs on AA/14500 and optional CR2 body so CR2 and RCR2.

loszabo

Enlightened
Insight H2X Typhoon upgraded to SSC USW0H :thumbsup:
  • 2x 123A
  • Click-dial interface
  • Shock- & water-resistant
  • Dimmable LED
  • Lockable
Simply perfect!

ElGreco

Newly Enlightened
Surefire L1 size, styling, and 2 stage tailcap UI.
18500 Battery
4100K Color temp, not too warm, not too cold.
Would use flood to spot optics, total throw to total flood.
And both the high and low would be programable via bezel twist for brightness ramping.
Black anodizing

bezel

Newly Enlightened
Diameter ~3/4 inch
Length ~5 inches
Weight <1lb
Color ha - flat black
Lumens ~10 low / no idea how high
Throw ~throw oriented w/optional diffuser
Power Source ~ nuc or free energy