Fenix TK11 R2 v SureFire E2D LED Defender

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsgtsg

Newly Enlightened
How does the Fenix TK11 R2 compare with the SureFire E2D LED Defender?

Cheers.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think it is a good idea starting a thread comparing a surefire with any other flashlight. There were other thread discussing about SF cons and downsides, and were closed. Whichever is the light that a SF compares to, most people will always claim it as a winner (not my case), just because it is a Surefire.

But anyways this is my opinion:

The Fenix TK series are well built lights, even better than most surefires. One of the few owners of the TK11 R2 said it had full regulation on 1 and 2 cells. It is claimed 240 lumens, but I think it is close to 200-220 OTF lms. Relatively less expensive than the SF.

The E2DL has lower overall output, smaller lighting area but I've read somewhere that it can throw better than a Malkoff M60. Lifetime warranty and parts are lego-able.

If you consider the flashlight as a tool that is intended for practical purposes, I'd recommend the Fenix. Otherwise get the SF, it is a very nice add to the collection.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately, Richard is right about some Surefire fans... :green:

About the lights, I can´t say, because I don´t have any of them, sorry.

XD9

Enlightened
How does the Fenix TK11 R2 compare with the SureFire E2D LED Defender?

Cheers.
gsgtsg,

I own both and I have to say that I am more impressed with the E2DL because at 120Lumens it has a better spot than the TK11 R2 But for a better distance and Flood the TK11 R2 is a better choice. I am more of a spot person than flood.
Just my 2Cents.

Now lets see how this thread burns in fire :p

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Try not to mention Surefire in the same sentence as another brand of light unless you are putting that brand of light down by comparing it to a Surefire. A direct comparison should also be avoided.

The Fenix TK11 should have more throw, output, and a stronger spill then the E2DL. The E2DL is thinner, has a longer runtime on high, and a good optic that gives a good amount of throw for the output and size. It does cut down on the spill though(less output in the spill but still usable). As for durability, I'm not sure. Many will say Surefire but the Fenix is build well too.

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Now lets see how this thread burns in fire

It won't as it is closed now.

I think it is sad to see that several members start attacking other members right from the start, showing unacceptable and trollish behaviour calling for trouble.
Crapping the OP's thread. Unacceptable and noted.

gsgtsg ... feel free to try another thread on the topic. It might help if you are more specific in your question though.

bernie

Status
Not open for further replies.