Best 18650 cells, charger, and internet vendor?

StumpWater

Newly Enlightened
Lovin' my TK-11 R2, would love to get the longer run-time promised by the 18650 Li-ion cells.

Have googled around a bit, but thought I'd come here and ask the [begin brownnosing] thought leaders [end brownnosing].

What ya got?

faucon

Enlightened
I'm very pleased with the Pila IBC charger. Works great for 18650s, 17670s, etc. I really like AW's protected 18650s, as well as the Pila brand cells which have been completely reliable for me.

g36pilot

Enlightened
+1 on the Pila IBC Charger &
+1 AW's protected batteries with Gunner12's suggestion to purchase from AW directly. If you don't mind the shipping wait/delay, you'll save a few dollars.

Being the impatient/immediate gratification type, I often use Lighthound's fast, excellent service.

StumpWater

Newly Enlightened
Good info in these replies, thanks. Will likely try the Pila charger and AW cells (via the instant gratification route).

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
The *best* charger would be something like an Orbit Microlader. Originally meant for RC packs, it also does a great job for normal batteries used in electronics. I suggest you not search for it while drinking, lest its price make you blow your beverage out of your nose.

Back to the land of sanity, there are RC chargers meant for normal humans that'll do an outstanding job of charging any LiIon cells and packs, not to mention batteries of most other chemistries. I have one such charger, a Hyperion 5i AC/DC. Should cost around $100.

If you're looking for a more mainstream product, the already mentioned Pila IBC is widely considered to be the best in its field.

StumpWater

Newly Enlightened
OK, my new protected AW 18650s are in my new Pila charger. Happiness! ... already looking forward to longer run time in my TK11 R2. How long should the (first) charge take? Thanks!