want to introduce you to my new >500W peak power LED light:
After many hours of work it is nearly finished.
Now some details:
- 20x CREE MC-E 4B K-bin and one XR-E WG Q5
- 8 MC-E with CARCLO 26,5mm plain tight optics
- 12 MC-E without optics for flood
- XR-E behind 110mm aspherical fresnel lens
- 4 5350mAh LiPo cells in 2p2s configuration
- custom made PCB holding 20 MC-E boost drivers each capable of driving upto 1,8A through each series-wired MC-E; one 4A buck driver for the single XR-E (driven to 2,2A); Atmel Mega16 µC
- 3 tumbler push-button offering 6 contacts
- each LED group individually controllable (push tumbler from below)
- 3 special functions when tumbler pushed from above: 8Hz Strobe with peak power; "far-sight" with asperical and 26,5mm group temporaraliy at full power and flood at zero; all LED at full power
- 5 temperature sensors leading to stepmise current foldback if overheating
- Mini-USB connector to charge lamp via integrated charging electronics (both 2p cells are charged with individual charging electronic to prevent imbalancing of the battery)
- XLR connector for external 10A charger and for main or 12V operation of the lamp
- 5 LED (2xgreen, orange, red, blue) for status display
- calibration mechanism for battery gauge display
- all LED soldered directly to 10mm thick copper
- wheight about 2,5kg
- total peak output (emitter output, not of-the-front) should be somewhere just over 20000 Lumen
some more pics:
at low power:
Added some more fotos of the copper parts holding the LEDs and the very professional soldering process.....
Beamshots will follow in the next days. I plan to do some comparison shot with our cars xenon and halogen far light...
Ok, I did some beamshots....
All shots ISO100 F4.0 1sec
below: our car's xenon down-light:
below: our car's halogen far light
below: our car's halogen far light + xenon down-light
below: Mr Beambastic spot + mid
below: Mr. Beambastic spot + mid
below: Mr. Beambastic all full
Below: Mr. Beambastic spot + mid 50m
Below: Other Location; our car's xenon down-light + halogen far light
Below: Mr. Beambastic spot + mid
Below: Mr. Beambastic all full
Below: my 17mm asperic light "David"
Below: Mr. Beambastic spot only at 112m (ISO 100, F4.0 1,6sec)
Below: Mr. Beambastic at 112m spot + mid (ISO 100, F4.0 1,6sec)
More Beamshots will follow later, it began to snow rather hard......
Will show comparison with 2x 500W halogen floodlights and some more shots at higher distance (400m) with the 110mm aspheric.