Bitz UI?

Death's Head

Enlightened
I just purchased a Ti Bitz, and I'm having a difficult time figuring out the UI.
Teach me please!

Thanks!

nbp

Flashaholic
What is your specific trouble, might I ask?

The BitZ is pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

Twist to turn on. If you leave it on that particular mode ~2 sec, it will flicker, denoting that memory mode has been activated. The light will turn on in that mode the the next time it is turned on.

If upon twisting on, you quickly twist off and then back on, it will move to the next mode, and another quick off/on cycle will move to the third mode. (Modes run High>Med>Low) If at any point you leave it on for more than 2 sec in a particular mode, it will activate memory mode.

To change the mode the light remembers, just do the required off/on cycles through the 3 modes to find the one you want, and leave it on for 2 sec to reset the memory to remember that one.

If you cycle on/off/on/off somewhere around 7 or 8 times, you will access the "hidden" modes, such as strobe, SOS, and super low output. These modes however do not have memory capability, so if you turn it off from one of these, you will turn it back on to find that it is in high or medium, I don't remember which.

Hope that helps! Just remember, quick on/off cycles to change modes, 2 seconds on a mode to set memory. Have fun! It's a great light, enjoy it :thumbsup:

Any problems just ask :D

Edit: I offer this info assuming that the UI for the Ti piece didn't change from the Aluminum piece....

Death's Head

Enlightened
Ok, that's just he info that I needed. I didn't know there was a memory function and it was throwing me off.

Thanks for your help!

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, that's just he info that I needed. I didn't know there was a memory function and it was throwing me off.

Thanks for your help!

Congrats ! on scoring Bitz Ti.
Isn't it a wonderful little EDC light ? :thumbsup:

Death's Head

Enlightened
It's a wonderful light, and at a great price. Very bright beam which is practically flawless. Not much more you can ask for in a light.

Last edited:

h2oflyer

Enlightened
I've got the original alum. version and love it. You will see a quick blink in med and lo but not in hi - got to leave it on a couple of sec to memorize.

There is a neat quirk in hidden modes - for example if you wamt super lo twist on/off 9 times and leave off. when next turned on it will be lo/lo or next mode.

Super classy small dress cary ENJOY

Walter

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please tell me, what does it mean UI? I have seen this expression many times before, but don't really get the meaning of it. :sssh:

Regards, Patric

ecallahan

Enlightened
I can't add to any of the information here - except to say that the Bitz (I have the alum version) probably has the nicest beam of all my lights. I see many of these coming up on CPFM, but I'm not planning to part with mine any time in the near future. I picked one up a long time ago on CPFM, and it's been one of my favorites since.

HKJ

Flashaholic
And that is the same as usability? Suitable design...? :thinking:

*feel me like a dumb swede now...*

In danish the word is "bruger grænseflade", maybe that will help?

It is how the user interacts with the light, a simple UI is just a on/off switch, other UI requires multiple presses on the switch to change levels or combinations of a switch and turning some part of the light.
I.e. it is not about usability or suitable design, a complex UI can still have a good usability, but it might take some time to learn it (See LiteFlux).

Death's Head

Enlightened
I'd have to agree with the post above. I don't post on this forum much, but I've handled my share of lights. The beam on the Bitz is outstanding. Not the brightest, but plenty bright. But there are not rings, and the hotspot is bright, and transitions nicely into the flood.
And thanks for the tip on the super low!

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the Bitz, specialy the TI one, does not receive the attention it deserve. It is a underestimated, perfect in every aspect, EDC.

Or I could also say that it's a well kept secret. I don't see how I could have a better EDC. Even my beloved HDS is jalous...

Anyone be in for a Bitz picture thread ?

nbp

Flashaholic
Anyone be in for a Bitz picture thread ?

That might be cool. I say go for it. I'm not much of a photographer, ok, I kinda suck with pictures, but I'd post in it. This seems like a good time to get a plug in for the BitZ log-in I'm trying to build. See my sig if you wanna add your name. :naughty:

h2oflyer

Enlightened
Another unique feature is brightness step down when battery is getting low. eg. when in high and batt. is weak, light will blink and step down to med. :thumbsup:

I put a trit vial in mine. Walter

Dan FO

Enlightened
Hey Paul, I told you that you would love it. The BitZ Ti is my EDC now along with the Draco & Photon II.