Spare Surefire 6P rubber tailcap switch??

garland

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a secondhand 6P from ebay on a whim and it's missing the rubber tailcap switch (I did already know this when I bid).

I know they probably normally come with a spare when new, but is there anywhere I can get one? I'm in the UK.

Also, will it affect the waterproofness if the rubber cover is missing?

Chris

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire would probably send you one. Othewise, I just ordered a pack of 10 from DX, though I'm not sure they the exact right size. Does anyone know if the DX 14mm ones will fit the 6P? If they do, I could send you one free when they arrive.

garland

Newly Enlightened
Surefire would probably send you one. Othewise, I just ordered a pack of 10 from DX, though I'm not sure they the exact right size. Does anyone know if the DX 14mm ones will fit the 6P? If they do, I could send you one free when they arrive.

Thanks a lot mate, very nice of you to offer :twothumbs. I'll try surefire first though, and try to find out the size I need.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Hi

Is it possible for you to post some photos of your 6P (and it's TailCap) please?

Early 6P flashlights had TailCaps that could not be disabled (Locked Out) and the metal switch contact assembly and rubber switch button were not secured and retained by the TailCap (they could be removed without tools).
If this is the case for your 6P TailCap then it is simply a matter of getting a new rubber switch button. There are likely aftermarket (non-SureFire) versions that fit and work. This may be easier than calling SureFire (do not email them).

If your TailCap is the current, LockOut type where the innards are secured inside - then SureFire does not offer a replacement rubber boot for these. In fact the formal resolution is a completely new TailCap - known as a Z41-BK.
However, it is possible to disassemble and get an aftermarket rubber switch boot.